Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Changing Picons to MK

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Your system is finding a picon folder somewhere. Please enable debug logs, restart your receiver and then attach your debug logs here. They will show where your picon folder is being found.

Title
    Thanks
    As per request please find attached logs.

I have seen something strange

[LcdPicon] adding path: /media/hdd/picon/
    [LcdPicon] adding path: /media/autofs/AMIKOALIEN/picon/
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Thanks
    In line 99/100 the paths added are

[Picon] adding path: /media/hdd/picon/
    [Picon] adding path: /media/autofs/AMIKOALIEN/picon/

It is using the picon folder on the network mounted device. I don't know how to change it. Until someone responds with a solution, perhaps you can try switching off and boot up with no network cable. You can reconnect after you select a channel and the local piconn folder is used.
    <393783.248305> [ePicLoad] decode picture... /media/autofs/AMIKOALIEN/picon/1_0_19_1B1D_802_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    In line 99/100 the paths added are

[Picon] adding path: /media/hdd/picon/
    [Picon] adding path: /media/autofs/AMIKOALIEN/picon/

It is using the picon folder on the network mounted device. I don't know how to change it. Until someone responds with a solution, perhaps you can try switching off and boot up with no network cable. You can reconnect after you select a channel and the local piconn folder is used.
    <393783.248305> [ePicLoad] decode picture... /media/autofs/AMIKOALIEN/picon/1_0_19_1B1D_802_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png
    Yea ill try booting up without cable plugged in. The picon are showing on openwebif but the ones on the lcd and tv are amikos lool.

That could explain a previous issue with amiko freezing upon flashing other e2 receivers hmmm as network mounts are setup...but clutching at straws really.

Title
    Thanks
    The files used to do the picons are different.

We'll have to look at the picon code. A local version should take preference over networked ones.

Title
    Thanks
    Yayyyyyy..

that worked .. gosh i was pulling my hair out lolz..

I am going try reboot the box with cable plugged to test if it reverts to network location. I don't understand why it is doing that though as i have not set picon to network on any menu as i don't think that option even exists.. Possible its due to my e2 stb are all connected to each others HDD. strangley enough its not going to DM800 picons..

Updated
    It is now working with network cable plugged in
    Last edited by sensui619; 14-06-15 at 15:22.

Title
    Thanks
    Abu should i keep "Print Channel Numbers" to No? or back to Yes.

Title
    Thanks
    Remind me again, are you storing your picons on a physical HDD or USB stick?

Is it in Linux file system (ext 3/4) or fat32?

Title
    Thanks
    Picons reside on my HDD which i use to record as well, i know people suggest it should be stored on USB and HDD to be used for recordings but i haven't noticed any difference as seeking time when changing channels and scrolling the same whether or not.

root@gb800ueplus:~# df -T /dev/sda1
    Filesystem Type 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
    /dev/sda1 ext4 488185856 8225536 478911744 2% /media/hdd

Title
    Thanks
    The choice is yours.

The way SNPicons work is that they read the names of the channel instead of the service reference. Using
    Lraizer's plugin, it prints the number next to thename, so the channel gets a slighly different name.

For example, "itv" becomes "103-itv". The picon name required for it would therefore be "103itv.png". The plugin was adpated to cater for SNpicons too, you don't have to rename them yourself. If you enable the number, you have to enable the autopicon feature.

For SNPicons and AB 28.2 with numbers:
    1. The link location has to be the same as the picon location. e.g /media/hdd/picon/
    2. You have to tell the picon that you are using SNpicons. i.e "symlink: SNPicons"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12