Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Remote Control Scripts and Assorted Oddities

Title
    Thanks
    Sounds good .

I hacked up a working replacement using the tornado system (in 15 minutes too ) - works well and will definitely replace twistd for me...

... only I just googled to see if there was windows support - and there isn't .

Still, cos I like it, it's attached here for anyone running *nix based systems - should be fine on all flavours of Linux and OS/X.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Thanks
    Awesome. This now works using tornado and that latest script you provided.
    This is exactly what I was looking for. Now I have this working, I'll be able to have a tinker with it.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by daz500 View Post
    Awesome. This now works using tornado and that latest script you provided.
    This is exactly what I was looking for. Now I have this working, I'll be able to have a tinker with it.
    Ah yay! Must have been looking at older postings on tornado on windows then .

If you're interested, the latest svn of dcp adds movie support - streams your captures.

If you're familiar with svn, you might want to check that out and submit patches .

Would definitely appreciate a doc on the windows set up - copy pastes from above with any missing bits from your side would be most welcome.

Title
    Thanks
    I still haven't solved the 127. subnet issue as it scans and finds lots of devices. I do a sweep on the dbox and then eventually it is selectable.

I will do a clean install but take proper notes and include download links/pictures. Some of these items I did last night but didn't work until today when there was a 'erueka' moment.

I do have a problem with PSmediaserver before I started this task and that is that it doesn't like to play all youtube files. Something I need to look at too

Title
    Thanks
    What plugins are you using for PS3mediaserver? Could you post your config file?

Title
    Thanks
    What plugins are you using for PS3mediaserver? Could you post your config file?
    Think it might be different on Windows - the only important one for this in Transcoding Settings 'Video Web Streaming Engines' which I have as 'MPlayer Video Dump', 'Videolan Video Streaming' and 'Mencoder Web'. In the common transcode settings, I have all defaults and the unchecked HTTP v2 in General.

Title
    Thanks
    I still haven't solved the 127. subnet issue as it scans and finds lots of devices. I do a sweep on the dbox and then eventually it is selectable.

I will do a clean install but take proper notes and include download links/pictures. Some of these items I did last night but didn't work until today when there was a 'erueka' moment.

I do have a problem with PSmediaserver before I started this task and that is that it doesn't like to play all youtube files. Something I need to look at too
    Yeah - would like to fix sweep too. Shouldn't be too much trouble I think. Youtube has never worked here either.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123