Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Best way to maintain a wireless conection throughout house

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Best way to maintain a wireless conection throughout house

Hey guys

As the title says.

Do you guys have any ideas?

The structure of my house is concrete walls internal and external.

The ways that I have tried;

Superhub acting as a modem connecting to asus n66u router (acting as a wireless router) using tplink av200 wifi extenders positioned in the hall and bedroom which is at otherside of house from where router is) and I still get poor signal in kitchen and bathroom, my printer also doesnt work.

the other way I have tried is

Superhub acting as a router and my asus n66u router acting as a repeater positioned in the room with a tplink av200 wifi extender positioned in the hall.

This setup makes things worst.

If anybody has a better option I am open to ideas, I can run cables through the loft into each of these rooms as everything is on same level.
    Vu+ Duo
    Vu+ Solo
    Gigablue HD 800 SE

All with latest vix image - Autobouquets - SgtFlipflop 28.2e Picons - WebradioFS

Title
    Thanks
    just cable your layout and set wifi extenders as access points from your main router.
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bellejt For This Useful Post:

s1m0nw (03-05-15)

Title
    Thanks
    cabling would be best.
    homeplugs are another option, there are also some homeplugs that offer wireless capability too.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    as Roy0110 says, if you can cable you should, otherwise you could try some homeplugs with wifi extenders in them assuming you need wifi in those areas.. if they're fixed equipment, you could just do homeplug to homeplug.

for an example of homeplugs with wifi...
    Code:
    http://www.netgear.co.uk/home/products/networking/powerline/XWNB5201.aspx