Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Picons not updating

Title
    Thanks

Picons not updating

Hi noticed quite a few picons missing , using the ocram shd ones from the feeds, the picon folder shows the service id with the channel name at the end plus folders containg the channel names in alphabetical order ran a manual auto-bouquets and epg also re-boot the box no different am I doing it wrong or should it update automatically?
    Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    When a channel changes service reference, you have to rename the picon. The picons do not update automatically.

A set of picons was uploaded to plugin feeds yesterday as well as openvix.co.uk. Uninstall the current ones and install the newer ones if you want to keep using conventional picons.

This is why the SNPicon system was devised. If you use SNPicons, the service reference changes won't affect you and a picon will always show provided channel name does not change.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

markshore123 (25-04-15),SteveR (25-04-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks downloaded these from the plugin feeds on the image, these are the Ocram shd ones are the snp picons on the feed as I cannot see them.

Title
    Thanks
    The SNPicons are not on the feeds. You can download from openvix.co.uk

Ocram changed the naming conventions. He no longer uses SD, HD, or SHD. The picon size is used in name. Hope others follow too.

SD versions resolution 70x53
    HD versions resolution 100x60
    SHD versions resolution 220x132

6. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

markshore123 (25-04-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    How do you use these snp picons. I replaced mine with these and they are not showing. What am I missing? Thanks.

Title
    Thanks
    You use them same way as normal picons.

Are you sure you have only one picon folder?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

afterburn (27-04-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    yes just the one folder on my usb stick mounted as media/hdd. I am using lraizers 28.2 bouquets there is an option to create auto picon links and there is 3 options i think ( I'm not at the receiver at the moment). Would this have any bearing on it? or is there another setting i need to adjust to point to these picons.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by afterburn View Post
    yes just the one folder on my usb stick mounted as media/hdd. I am using lraizers 28.2 bouquets there is an option to create auto picon links and there is 3 options i think ( I'm not at the receiver at the moment). Would this have any bearing on it? or is there another setting i need to adjust to point to these picons.
    Laizer's plugin prints the chanenl number next to the name. Thsi is why the picons are not working in teh bouquet list, but are in the "all channel's" list.

Options:
    1. Disable numbering in AB 28.2

2. In the Autopicon options, select the service name option, or wording to that effect. However, your USB stick must be in linux file system. Fat32 cannot be used for symlinks

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

afterburn (27-04-15),gizmofreak (08-07-15)