Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Assigning a custom picon

Title
    Thanks

Assigning a custom picon

Hi Guys,

How do I assign a custom picon to a channel? I have a couple of channels without picons, Irish TV and UTV HD which I need to sort out.

Thanks,
    Cal

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ive seen these on this forum only a couple days ago. just FTP to the picon location normally, usb or hdd folder called picon

Title
    Thanks
    Hi John,

I don't think it's that simple for me, i'm using the Vu+ Duo2 box, the picons have to be labeled a certain way.. for example I couldn't copy across a picon labeled BBC1.png for my system to see it.. this would have to be labeled:1_0_1_3EB_A_F020_FFFF0000_0_0_0.png

Also the picons in my folder structure appear to have a little arrow beside them, looks like an extension or link.. if I was to drop in a png file it won't have that arrow extension.. Never thought a couple of little icons could cause me so much frustration :/

UPDATE:
    Actually I didn't check the other folder labeled TV, it actually has some of the missing picons but they don't link to the channel?

Thanks for your input.
    Last edited by cal91; 23-04-15 at 11:12.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Try bbc1.png (not all caps)
    Also, those little arrows are to show symlinks, a marker to the file, not the actual file.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Judge,

I checked the tv folder and it actually has some on my missing picons, like utv hd.. so they are actually there not missing at all.. but I can't understand why they don't then link back to the channel on the epg, I only have a small number of channels like this?

I'm guess I have missing symlinks and thats why they aren't linking?
    Last edited by cal91; 23-04-15 at 11:26.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Are you sure you don't have more than one picon folder?
    Did you restart E2 after adding new picons?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    You have insatlled Ocram's picon sets. You have not said which version. One on the openvix download site had them IIRC.

The ways his process works is that people upload changes to his database. The process creates symbolic links (service reference to the files in the tv and radio folders)

You have options now.
    1. Create a symbolic link linking to the tv folder.
    2. Copy the files that are "missing" to your PC. Rename them (if necessary). Place them them in the same folder that has the symbolic links ( not the tv folder).
    Names: utvireland.png utvhd.png

Please note: Service Named Picons do not display on the LCD screen on the front of the receiver. They will display on the VFD if you enable the skin. Theauthor of the Linux4LCD plugin is unavailable.

Title
    Thanks
    I restarted the box, I have an lcd_picon folder as well, but isn't that unrelated to this is it?

Other than that I have only 1 picon folder on the USB drive which has a bunch of those symlinks and 2 sub folders labled tv & radio

Title
    Thanks
    I originally downloaded, tv-ocra.shd.transparent-white-nopadding from the plugin menu on the reciever box (vu+ duo2), utvhd, irishtv and a small number of others were alyways missing on the epg display. However, like I said the files are actually present inside the sub folder named 'tv' within the picon folder. So do I need to create a symbolic link, or whats needed? how does one do that?

Thanks for the support guys, i'm probably coming across as a bit of a numpty..

Title
    Thanks
    Are you bothered about picons on the LCD?

Title
    Thanks
    Hi abu,

I have some picons showing up the LCD that I manually ftp across, I don't mind removing them and starting from scratch if it makes the process any easier.

Title
    Thanks
    Uninstall the picons you have installed. Delete the picon folder on USB stick.

Download ocram picon ipk from openvix.co.uk and install

Title
    Thanks
    Ok so I think I am to choose conventional, I have selected the enigma2-plugin-picons-tv-220x132.transparent-white-nopadding_2015-03-23--17-53-43_all.ipk

How do I install it? do I ftp it across to any particular directory, and install it form the box?
    Last edited by cal91; 23-04-15 at 12:56.

Title
    Thanks
    Ok I found on the forum that I had to put the ipk file in the tmp directory, I deleted my picon folder from the usb and I installed the ipk file from the box, it looked like it was installing for a bit.. and now it's doing nothing.. I've got a black install screen

IMG_4110.jpg
    sorry can't take a proper screenshot
    Last edited by cal91; 23-04-15 at 13:37.

Title
    Thanks
    Just to follow up, so I left it on this screen for a good 15mins, pressed exit and was prompted if I wanted to restart the GUI, which I did and the system crashed out.. not sure if I should try this again or just download the pack again from the plugin manager, what is the difference anyway? is this ipk file more up to date than what the plugin manager offers? is it not just the same file? i'm having a lot of heachaces here over a couple of missing epg picons

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast