Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VU+ Duo 2 (2x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 Tuner)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

VU+ Duo 2 (2x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 Tuner)

Does anyone on the forum have one of these receivers, with the two cable tuners? http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...llite-Receiver

I'm not too demanding, all I want is a receiver that is dependable, you can record one channel, while watching another, and has a 7 day cable EPG. if I buy this bad boy from World Of Satellite, would I be able get those things?

I have a Q5 receiver, but it's crap to be honest. The Q5 has a weak tuner, how are the cable tuners on the VU+ Duo?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I have the DUO2 with 2 DVB-C/T tuners.
    It is a fine cable receiver.
    Yes, you can watch 1 channel and record another one (like all E2 boxes with 2 tuners).
    The number of EPG days depends on what your provider have. (has nothing to do with the box).
    If you are not special interested in the DUO2 LCN screen, you can have a look at other receivers at WOS.
    There are more good receivers where you can put in 2 (or more) DVB-C/T tuners.
    Vu+ Duo2, OpenVix, 3xdvb-c
    Vu+ SoloSE V2, OpenVix, 1xdvb-s2 , 1xdvb-c (Sundtek)
    Vu+ SoloSE V2, OpenVix, 1xdvb-c
    Vu+ SoloSE, OpenVix, 1xdvb-c
    ET6500. OpenVix, 1xdvb-c
    Motor 1m dish

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Peterj For This Useful Post:

Cosmic Truth (03-04-15)

Title
    Thanks
    i had a duo2 with 2 cable tuners, but i returned it as i think it may had faulty tuners..my problem was that when i recorded one channel and tried to watch another i was getiing constant glitching and freezing, but when i removed the feed to one tuner it was fine..anyway i returned it back and asked if there was a problem with the duo or tuners all they said was we reflashed the duo2 with new firmware, which didnt really explain a lot, but i got my full refund and cost of postage back as well...perhaps its was my cable signal not strong enough..im sure i made a post here somewhere..lol

5. The Following User Says Thank You to brundlefly For This Useful Post:

Cosmic Truth (03-04-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    As a comparable, have a look at the Mutant HD receiver.. Been about of positive feedback on the forum for this and you can have your 2 cable tuners.
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

7. The Following User Says Thank You to duoduo For This Useful Post:

Cosmic Truth (03-04-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Truth View Post
    Does anyone on the forum have one of these receivers, with the two cable tuners? http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...llite-Receiver

I'm not too demanding, all I want is a receiver that is dependable, you can record one channel, while watching another, and has a 7 day cable EPG. if I buy this bad boy from World Of Satellite, would I be able get those things?

I have a Q5 receiver, but it's crap to be honest. The Q5 has a weak tuner, how are the cable tuners on the VU+ Duo?
    Take a look at the Mut@nt HD2400. I took delivery of one from WoS on Wednesday, and what an awesome receiver!! I've also had a Vu+ Duo2, while I love Vu+ products, the novelty soon wore off with the LCD screen.
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

Cosmic Truth (03-04-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    QUOTE=Peterj;348421]I have the DUO2 with 2 DVB-C/T tuners.
    It is a fine cable receiver.
    Yes, you can watch 1 channel and record another one (like all E2 boxes with 2 tuners).
    The number of EPG days depends on what your provider have. (has nothing to do with the box).
    If you are not special interested in the DUO2 LCN screen, you can have a look at other receivers at WOS.
    There are more good receivers where you can put in 2 (or more) DVB-C/T tuners.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    Take a look at the Mut@nt HD2400. I took delivery of one from WoS on Wednesday, and what an awesome receiver!! I've also had a Vu+ Duo2, while I love Vu+ products, the novelty soon wore off with the LCD screen.

What's the deal with the LCD screen? I don't know anything about that.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by brundlefly View Post
    i had a duo2 with 2 cable tuners, but i returned it as i think it may had faulty tuners..my problem was that when i recorded one channel and tried to watch another i was getiing constant glitching and freezing, but when i removed the feed to one tuner it was fine..anyway i returned it back and asked if there was a problem with the duo or tuners all they said was we reflashed the duo2 with new firmware, which didnt really explain a lot, but i got my full refund and cost of postage back as well...perhaps its was my cable signal not strong enough..im sure i made a post here somewhere..lol
    What did you replace the receiver with?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by brundlefly View Post
    it was your cable strength, I had same problem on duo 2 with 2 cable tuners as soon as I got a powered splitter it has never skipped a beat, tbh if your cable signal is balanced properly you will have this problem with all multi tuner boxes, unless the tuner loop through amplifies its output.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to DaMacFunkin For This Useful Post:

Cosmic Truth (03-04-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Leaving the LCD screen aside, I honestly would like to know what makes it so more awesome? Seriously... It's as if it does something that the duo2 can't...

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
    it was your cable strength, I had same problem on duo 2 with 2 cable tuners as soon as I got a powered splitter it has never skipped a beat, tbh if your cable signal is balanced properly you will have this problem with all multi tuner boxes, unless the tuner loop through amplifies its output.
    If you use a splitter, and have a lead going into each tuner separately, would that be better than using loop through?

Title
    Thanks

VU+ Duo 2 (2x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 Tuner)

You can have picons on the LCD screen, program information, even weather info, but like I say, for me personally and others too, the novelty soon wears off, BUT the Vu+ Duo2 is an excellent receiver don't get me wrong.
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

Cosmic Truth (03-04-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
    Leaving the LCD screen aside, I honestly would like to know what makes it so more awesome? Seriously... It's as if it does something that the duo2 can't...
    This LCD screen. is it just on the front of the receiver, or is it something to do with the picture you see on your TV?

I really just want a reliable receiver, that has strong cable tuners. the Q5 box I have has pretty weak tuners.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    You can have picons on the LCD screen, program information, even weather info but like I say, for me personally and other too, the novelty wears off, the Vu+ Duo2 is an excellent receiver don't get me wrong.
    So it's just something on the front of the receiver? I'm not all that interested in the display on the receiver. I want a box with good cable tuners, that I can record one programme, while watching another, and with a 7 day EPG.

Title
    Thanks
    You won't go wrong with either the Vu+ Duo2 or the Mut@nt HD2400. Both exceptional boxes, loads of memory, fast n very reliable. Oh and both these boxes do cpu (hardware) transcoding whereas other boxes are software based so another big big plus with the Duo2 n Mut@nt.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

Cosmic Truth (03-04-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Do you just want cable tuners or both cable n sat?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

Cosmic Truth (03-04-15)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast