Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Question on Duo2 tuner quality

Title
    Thanks

Question on Duo2 tuner quality

Hello all,

I hope someone will shed a light on my problem.

I own 2 Solo2 machines at home. Probably, I went after a marketing hype and bought a Duo2 installed with two tuner modules: dual-S2 and C/T. Now, I really don't understand why I cannot get some of the channels on Duo2 which were perfectly viewable with Solo2.

Some data to pinpoint the problem:
    1. Both machines are connected to the same cable one after another. So, sat dish, disecq and cabling etc cannot be an issue.
    2. Both machines are tested with openvix and openatv with same results. So, image is probably is not the culprit.
    3. Both machines are using exactly the same tuner configuration.
    4. Both machines are using the same services list and bouqets transferred from my PC.
    5. At the moment just one S2 tuner is connected. No any connected cable to second S2 and C/T tuners.
    6. Cable is connected to tuner A and B with same results.

Results:
    1. While some channels at around 20% signal level with Solo2, the same channels shows 40% signal level with Duo2. Despite the double signal level on Duo2, tuning quality are about the same on both machines.
    2. While some channels at around 40% signal level and perfectly OK with Solo2. The exact same channels are non-existent (0%) on Duo2. I did a manual search on Duo2 with the same result.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks.
    Last edited by sse450; 28-03-15 at 10:46.