Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: media player to play transcoded stream

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Title
    Thanks

media player to play transcoded stream

I'm using vlc at the moment on my Android phone and it works perfectly. However it doesn't allow me to fast fwd or rewind or jump when viewing a recording.
    Anyone know of a player that does?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by divil_a_bit View Post
    I'm using vlc at the moment on my Android phone and it works perfectly. However it doesn't allow me to fast fwd or rewind or jump when viewing a recording.
    Anyone know of a player that does?

Mx video player does.
    Try that

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joysleep1 View Post
    Mx video player does.
    Try that
    Thanks for the suggestion. It doesn't do it for me - I can view a stream fine but can't fast fwd/rwd or jump.

Title
    Thanks
    I'm using MX Player Pro on my Xperia Tablet Z and I can jump to any point while watching a recorded stream. Tap the screen once (to bring up the playback controls), and then tap the timeline to move to the selected point in the video.

The fwd/rwd is a bit hit and miss though, but that might be down to how .ts streams are encoded and the processing power required to decode and then skip to any point. Plus doing all this across a network connection might have an impact. You could try copying one of your recordings to your Android device, and see how that affects the performance.

Title
    Thanks
    as LeeC22 says Mx Player Pro is the way forward, Im using the Free Version and its perfect...
    If its not broken don't attempt to fix it, it could get alot worse "