Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you xfer files (movies) from USB to vu+SOLO2 ??

Title
    Thanks

How do you xfer files (movies) from USB to vu+SOLO2 ??

I have been having serious problems FTP-ing into my Solo2. I hear there is an issue with vermin medias superhub2 that is the underlying cause and no-one is yet able to help of provide a concrete solution.

Can someone guide me to how I would transfer files from an USB stick directly onto the vu solo2?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    I have a VM superhub2. No issues transferring files from PC to receiver. As it is a gigagbit router, that is a bonus too.

You can use dream explorer plugin if you want to transfer using STB. YOu have not said what format the stick is in.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    I have a VM superhub2. No issues transferring files from PC to receiver. As it is a gigagbit router, that is a bonus too.

You can use dream explorer plugin if you want to transfer using STB. YOu have not said what format the stick is in.
    Thanks for the quick reply.

Whats STB - Ideally i would like to be able to FTP. I have opened ports, tried all sorts of different setting but no luck - So the only thing i can think of is to xfer files via USB. i was able to FTP in via filezilla before but its stopped all of a sudden a few months back.

In regards to format - I can format the stick FAT32 or NTFS. But what im after is how to xfer the files. Is it just a case of plugging it in - i tried mounting a usb before but never worked for me.
    Last edited by theblitz; 02-03-15 at 23:06.

Title
    Thanks
    STB = set top box.

Describe the exact process you are trying to do. What program are you using. Where are you transferring from and to which directory on your receiver.

You do not need to foramt the USB stick. we would liek to know what filesystem it is in. If you connect a fat32/ext device it will be rocognised and if teher are vieos on it, you iwll be prompted to play them. If it is not in taht forma, you may need to install drivers. As you have not said what format the stick is in, can't say.

There may be other options available to you. Such as setting up a network share. Let us concentrate on you not ben able to transfer files by FTP for th moment.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    STP = set top box.
    No need to open any ports if you're transferring on local network.
    If any playable files are on the root of your USB, you should get a message on screen asking if you want to play them.
    You can also use the yellow button when in filelist to change location to the mounted USB.
    You can move files here too by pressing menu.
    Can you telnet to the box? If so, you can copy files from one location to another too.

Title
    Thanks
    STB = set top box.

Describe the exact process you are trying to do. What program are you using. Where are you transferring from and to which directory on your receiver.

You do not need to foramt the USB stick. we would liek to know what filesystem it is in. If you connect a fat32/ext device it will be rocognised and if teher are vieos on it, you iwll be prompted to play them. If it is not in taht forma, you may need to install drivers. As you have not said what format the stick is in, can't say.

There may be other options available to you. Such as setting up a network share. Let us concentrate on you not ben able to transfer files by FTP for th moment.
    Sure thanks - Would very much appreciate if you could help in getting my ability to FTP through filezilla back if poss.

Am 'trying' to login through filezilla

ftp.jpg

I used to see the root directory from where i would navigate to HDD/Movie/.... and then paste movie files from my PC into the folder i created.

Now i can't connect to the 'STB'
    Last edited by theblitz; 02-03-15 at 23:29.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    STP = set top box.
    No need to open any ports if you're transferring on local network.
    If any playable files are on the root of your USB, you should get a message on screen asking if you want to play them.
    You can also use the yellow button when in filelist to change location to the mounted USB.
    You can move files here too by pressing menu.
    Can you telnet to the box? If so, you can copy files from one location to another too.
    I not too sure about telnet - never done it before and aint got a clue where to start.

Title
    Thanks
    In simple terms,
    explain what you want to do?
    what have you tried to achieve it?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by theblitz View Post
    I not too sure about telnet - never done it before and aint got a clue where to start.
    Abu & I replied at the same time...
    Update with an answer to Abus questions, there should be no reason you can't ftp on your local network, so best to get that issue sorted first.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Sure thanks - Would very much appreciate if you could help in getting my ability to FTP through filezilla back if poss.

Am 'trying' to login through filezilla

ftp.jpg

I used to see the root directory from where i would navigate to HDD/Movie/.... and then paste movie files into the folder i created.

Now i can't even connect to the 'STB'
    Your port is wrong, FTP by default is 21.

Title
    Thanks
    In simple terms,
    explain what you want to do?
    what have you tried to achieve it?
    I am trying to FTP into my Solo2 STB - to xfer files across.
    My FTP was working fine until a few months back - but now it just fails to connect as per the screen shot above.

Title
    Thanks
    Have just tried port 21 and get the error again

port 21.jpg

I have tried both ports 20 & 21 many times but get the same error.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    My FTP was working fine until a few months back - but now it just fails to connect as per the screen shot above.
    Editing a post to include screenshots after a reply has been made isn't the best of ideas as it could easily be missed.
    Anyway, looks ike your issue is using port 20 rather than 21, also as you're usig filezilla, no need to enter a port unless you've changed the default.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

theblitz (03-03-15)

Title
    Thanks
    port 21.jpg

I have also tried port 21 and still no luck.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Looks like you might also have the IP wrong or ftp is disabled? no need to black it out, it's a local network.
    Look at Menu -> Information -> Network on the box for the correct IP.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

theblitz (03-03-15)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast