Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Phones4U begins liquidating iPad and iPhone stock

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts

Phones4U begins liquidating iPad and iPhone stock

Earlier in 2014, the UK-based retailer Phones4U announced that it was entering administration, the United Kingdom’s equivalent to bankruptcy, and as a result had to cancel all of its iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus preorders.

As that process continues, it has been announced that all of the current stock from Phones4U is going to be sold off at auction. Among the products are plenty of Apple-branded goods, including a range of iPhones and iPads, as well as Beats headphones. As Phones4U liquidates its products, they are marked with cheaper price tags in an effort to move all of the stock as quickly as possible.

The UK-based auction house John Pye Auctions is handling the proceedings moving forward, in what is being called the UK’s biggest auction of the year. There are reportedly more than 600,000 items being sold in total, which amounts to a sum of £10.8 million. Within the Apple related stock are iPhone 5’s, iPhone 5c’s, iPad Air and iPad mini units, as well as the aforementioned range of Beats-branded headphones.

As aforementioned, the prices of these devices have been severely marked down as the auction house aims to offload the units. Some base models of the iPad Air and iPad mini units are being sold for as little as £2, or about $3. Interestingly enough, the auction house is taking orders online, and those orders can be placed internationally as well. However, the auction house will not be shipping any sold units, so those in international areas that buy the products must figure out their own shipping.

The bidding will end on Tuesday, January 6, 2015.

[via MacRumors; John Pye Auctctions]

Code:
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2014/12/phones4u-liquidating-iphone-ipad-stock.html
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

duoduo (31-12-14),gerrykiddy (31-12-14),nsw9154 (31-12-14),seame (31-12-14)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    As aforementioned, the prices of these devices have been severely marked down as the auction house aims to offload the units. Some base models of the iPad Air and iPad mini units are being sold for as little as £2, or about $3.

Sold for or just opening bids? It is a auction and there is 40% to 42.5% extra to pay over and above the bid you make (buyers premium, VAT and CC surcharge).
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

easymo3 (31-12-14)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Additional 44% to 47.6% because VAT will be on the goods plus service charge and the CC surcharge will be on this total amount.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    looking on the auctioneers site reveals that the bids are already too high to be viable e.g Ipad Air mini rrp £199 current bid £125 plus the commission then plus VAT then you have your own carriage charges to add to that.
    Chances of getting anything for £2 is zero, in fact getting something above rrp is more than likely
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information here on my posts are hypothetical in nature, out of curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Use of the collective descriptions and knowledge from any of my posts are at YOUR discretion
    I am not responsible for what you do with it

Want to know about cardsharing see Here

Want clone support see Here

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

If you have had a problem that you started a thread about and found your own solution please post back to let everyone know how you solved it

Title
    Thanks
    Seems to be a shambles and most likely that they will have to cancel those bids already made. Seems clear that bidders did not read the terms or were not aware of the extras and as stated many of these goods are being valued well above high st prices. Just as well they didn't ask for credit cards details on registration.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    You get numpties on John Pye, some people just can't add up and not this case bit others good are not guaranteed to work as there customer returns

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanman View Post
    You get numpties on John Pye, some people just can't add up and not this case bit others good are not guaranteed to work as there customer returns

It reminds me of the computer surplus auctions that used to do the rounds 20 years ago. You couldn't be sure that the goods were new or if it was a batch of customer returns. There were also batches of 'non-standard' (only works in brand X) stuff that wholesalers couldn't shift, but not listed that way. Anything of value usually went for the 'going price' but then there were the service charges on top. Those auctions worked because the majority of people didn't know where to get the best deals (it wasn't a 2 minute search on the Net).

I assume that the bids on the John Pye site are legally binding and the auction house will just pass on the details of non-payers to debt collection agencies, incurring additional costs.