Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are they worth the money?

Title
    Thanks
    TM nano is super fast like the vu at updating epg

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jwestwood74 For This Useful Post:

DD33 (04-03-15)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    I meant for driver support??
    Maybe, but Vu+ are far from the best in terms of driver support, there are many other EU based manufacturers who do a far better job and actually respond when you submit bugs to them, Vu+ are getting as bad if not worse than dreambox multimedia for their shockingly bad support.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    Vu+ are getting as bad if not worse than dreambox multimedia for their shockingly bad support.

I was really surprise to here that as I always thought that Vu+ would have been one of the best Manufacturers for support, and having a Duo2 rather worried that vix will stop supporting them, I suppose that they might be getting complacent in thinking that any problems are down to someone else and not them as they are regarded as being the Rolls Royce of E2 Receivers people will still buy them I remember the British Motorbike industry having the same attitude and we all know what happened to them in the 70s

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nsw9154 View Post
    I was really surprise to here that as I always thought that Vu+ would have been one of the best Manufacturers for support, and having a Duo2 rather worried that vix will stop supporting them, I suppose that they might be getting complacent in thinking that any problems are down to someone else and not them as they are regarded as being the Rolls Royce of E2 Receivers people will still buy them I remember the British Motorbike industry having the same attitude and we all know what happened to them in the 70s
    no we wont stop supporting Vu+ but we cant move to the new OE with this issue unresolved because if we did you would loose the ability to stream to and from the receiver as well as viewing any media file not created on the receiver.

We are just waiting for Vu+ to get their fingers out and tell us what they are doing, but we wont wait forever for them either. At present we have three options.

1. stop all development on the OE 2.4 image branch (This is our current stance), meaning no updated Gstreamer for any manufacturer.
    2. Progress with the OE 2.4 image branch but leave the Vu+ hardware on the OE 2.3 branch (essentially killing support until such a time as Vu+ update Gstreamer).
    3. Progress with the OE 2.4 branch for ALL receivers and manufacturers we support (Rendering the Vu's unable to stream and severely hamper their media player support).
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

nsw9154 (22-12-14)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    I wouldn't think so. Walk in & telephone support, you won't get that from many manufacturers, including VU.
    Technomate are shocking for support and I don't just mean their drivers, it took them 5 months to replace hardrives their faulty product destroyed.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Technomate are shocking for support
    Disagree there, imo they've come good now. In the early days had some issues, but doing extremly well now. They've got no more issues than any other manufacturer has including VU+.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by neo1607 View Post
    I think i might go for the Technomate TM-Nano-3T over the GiGaBlue, mainly for the fact I can mount a hdd inside rather than have a USB one, also the specs are slightly faster :-)
    You wont be disappointed, TM-Nano-3T and Nano-2 Super are great imo. Replaced my Solo2 with Nano-3T, actually feels faster and has extra hybrid tuner
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Thanks Judge, Phoenix and Sicilian for clarifying regards Vu+, am really shocked at that regards the support attitude with them. I assumed, along with a lot of other folks, regarded them as the le creme of the creme in terms of satellite receivers and wouldn't have known the issues you are facing and your struggles with them in getting driver issues resolved etc. thank you all for sharing that with us, this is why this forum is the best and why ViX is the best image out by a country mile. ViX thrives on being the best and we are all proud of you guys for giving us a truly amazing image and may I wish it continues for many many more years. You ViX guys are amazing, thank you.
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (23-12-14),mcquaim (23-12-14),Sicilian (23-12-14)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanks Judge, Phoenix and Sicilian for clarifying regards Vu+, am really shocked at that regards the support attitude with them. I assumed, along with a lot of other folks, regarded them as the le creme of the creme in terms of satellite receivers and wouldn't have known the issues you are facing and your struggles with them in getting driver issues resolved etc. thank you all for sharing that with us, this is why this forum is the best and why ViX is the best image out by a country mile. ViX thrives on being the best and we are all proud of you guys for giving us a truly amazing image and may I wish it continues for many many more years. You ViX guys are amazing, thank you.
    Problem is VU+ is they are living on their brand name right now, in terms of development and support they seem to be getting worse. Replies from their driver engineer are getting slower and slower. In all honesty brands like Miraclebox, Golden Interstar, Mutant, Technomate are actually responding faster to issues right now.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (23-12-14),mcquaim (23-12-14)

Title
    Thanks
    after reading this thread, im confused what to get, ive always had vu ie, solo, uno, duo and ultimo...decided to change as i want a sat tuner and cable tuner, tm nano 3t, or gigablue hd quad or plus......i see that they both use BCM7356 chip which is 1300Mhz...am i correct..? whats the difference between the top two gigablue boxes ie, quad and plus...??

Title
    Thanks
    I had one of these receivers and found them to be very slow and sluggish..
    Even running Vix..the Picture quality was as good as any vu box but I was frustrated by the sluggish way box would operate and updates for image and epg took forever,A well built box however and looks good..
    I would without hesitation go for a vu solo2 or the tm nano oe t2 super which has same processor as solo2 so expect the same fast smooth operation...

Title
    Thanks
    I have a UE plus and find it very slow and sluggish compared to my vu

Title
    Thanks
    so gigablue dont sound very good , ive got a uno at the moment might just keep it and swap the tuner for a cable one lol..really wanted something thats similar or better then the the vU range of boxes, with a combo tuner, but not with a hefty price tag...i know thats asking a lot but wouldnt we all like that lol

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by brundlefly View Post
    so gigablue dont sound very good , ive got a uno at the moment might just keep it and swap the tuner for a cable one lol..really wanted something thats similar or better then the the vU range of boxes, with a combo tuner, but not with a hefty price tag...i know thats asking a lot but wouldnt we all like that lol
    Go for the Technomate TM-Nano-3T.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by brundlefly View Post
    so gigablue dont sound very good
    I have a GB Quad and can't fault it, very reliable receiver been running great for months without being powered down once.

SIMPLES.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Mr. Mister (03-03-15)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast