Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SNP Picons with AutoBouquets by Lraizer ?

Title
    Thanks

SNP Picons with AutoBouquets by Lraizer ?

I have a Vu+Duo2 box with the image OpenvixHD Apollo 090 running on it. My question is in regards to the AutoBouquets by Lraizer which am currently using I wanted to know can I use the SNP Picons with AutoBouquets? I am not using the "Create AutoPicon Links" option in AutoBouquets and this would be nice since the snp picons don't use the "service reference" and actually use the channels name. My current ones are using service reference and when a channels service reference changes it loses the picon and I have to manually change the picons service reference to the channels service reference.

Title
    Thanks
    Anyone??????????

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    The question was asked before and answer given already. Have a search.

Lraizer has already made a modified reader for SNP. This has not been made into an ipk. Just waiting for him to edit the Entertainment bouquet to take into account what the provider has done.

Autpicons in the plugin has worked brilliantly since inception. As SRP are higher in the pecking order than SNP, it is a win win win situation.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

shadowman007 (28-11-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    The question was asked before and answer given already. Have a search.

Lraizer has already made a modified reader for SNP. This has not been made into an ipk. Just waiting for him to edit the Entertainment bouquet to take into account what the provider has done.

Autpicons in the plugin has worked brilliantly since inception. As SRP are higher in the pecking order than SNP, it is a win win win situation.
    Hi, thanks for that I did read but thought it was if you are using Autopicons option which am not. Also totally feel like a noob how does the Autopicon Link work? I currently have my picons on a USB stick with a folder called "picon"

Title
    Thanks
    Picon location = location of where your conventional picons are located
    Link locations = Where AB 28.2 creates the symlinks. This can only be an ext file sytem. Internal memory is fien for this.

When AB runs, it will convert existing "Service reference picons" to the EPG ID number prceeded by 282E_. It will then link the service refernce to these picons and your picons wil always show for 28.2.

The onlty reason SNPs do not work with Lraizer's plugin is the numebr preceeding the chanenl name. You can disable show numbering. If Lraizer does not get a chance to make the amndemnts to AB 28.2 in the next few days, we'll update his plugin which will create the new symlinks to make SNPs work in the bouquets.

Title
    Thanks
    Bump, any update on the above?

Title
    Thanks
    See AB 28.2 thread.

Title
    Thanks
    See AB 28.2 thread.
    Hi, where is this thread?

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, thanks for that abu but what is it that am looking at? I have the 13-11-2014 update I want to be able to use SNP picons with AutoBouquets.

Title
    Thanks
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...l=1#post330917

That is the post with what you should set it as, there is a picture with the settings. The links need to be on an ext file system, this is because you cannot create symlinks on a fat32 device.

Title
    Thanks
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...l=1#post330917

That is the post with what you should set it as, there is a picture with the settings. The links need to be on an ext file system, this is because you cannot create symlinks on a fat32 device.
    So if I understand correctly the "Picon Link Location" & "Picon Folder Location" needs to be the same. This also means I can't use my USB (fat32) which currently has the picons on it instead I have to transfer the picons folder to the internal memory of the Vu+Duo2 box since is uses a ext file system is this correct?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowman007 View Post
    So if I understand correctly the "Picon Link Location" & "Picon Folder Location" needs to be the same. This also means I can't use my USB (fat32) which currently has the picons on it instead I have to transfer the picons folder to the internal memory of the Vu+Duo2 box since is uses a ext file system is this correct?
    Yes and No.

If you are going to use SNPs without numbering in Lraizer plugin, they can be on any device in any filesystem.

If you are using SRPs ( irrespective of numbering), you can have picons on fat 32 USB stick and links on any ext storage device. Note "can" being used and not "must". AB 28.2 will maintain the updaing of links, you you do not have to keep up with service reference changes for 28.2. It has been like this for well over a year.

If you are going to use SNPs and numbering in Lraizer plugin, they'll have to be on in the same location which must be in ext format. Initialise USB stick/convert to ext filesystem is one option. Internal memory is another option. I'd recommend converting the USB stick to ext file system if you do not use the USB stick for flashing receiver.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

shadowman007 (20-12-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Yes and No.

If you are going to use SNPs without numbering in Lraizer plugin, they can be on any device in any filesystem.

If you are using SRPs ( irrespective of numbering), you can have picons on fat 32 USB stick and links on any ext storage device. Note "can" being used and not "must". AB 28.2 will maintain the updaing of links, you you do not have to keep up with service reference changes for 28.2. It has been like this for well over a year.

If you are going to use SNPs and numbering in Lraizer plugin, they'll have to be on in the same location which must be in ext format. Initialise USB stick/convert to ext filesystem is one option. Internal memory is another option. I'd recommend converting the USB stick to ext file system if you do not use the USB stick for flashing receiver.
    Hi abu, I would like to Initialise USB stick/convert to ext filesystem but can I also have my epg on their? currently my USB (FAT32) has the picons folder on it and also the epg (which downloads daily).

Title
    Thanks
    Yes, you can still save EPG on USB stick if it is in ext file system.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast