Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: It pays to moan in PCWorld :D

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,052 Times in 7,638 Posts

Thumbs up It pays to moan in PCWorld :D

Last few weeks i've had some major issue with heat from my PC. Any cut a long story short it basically my graphics card getting very very hot. Last night I nearly burnt my hand touching the damn thing.

Any way this morning I thought time to buy another from PCWorld, couldn't be arsed to order online from Ebuyer or somewhere. So I ordered this to collect in store: -

Code:
    http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/pny-nvidia-geforce-gts-450-pci-e-graphics-card-1gb-08623351-pdt.html
    Got to PCworld to collect and the muppet bird behind the counter couldn't find it, she said she'd have to get one of the shelf, I'd already looked on the shelf, there where none there so I told her that, silly bat insited she'd look. After about 10 mins of waiting for the silly prat I asked a member of staff to call a manager, so I had a right moan about driving down there and the item not being in stock! So the manager offered me to give me the next model up at the same cost. The GTX-460 on the shelf was £149.99, so I thought ok fine.

Anyway the muppet manager asked me how much the one I ordered online was, so I told him £107.00, the deaf twat thought I said £59.00 and to my amazement he reduced the £149.99 card to £59.00, what a fooking result!!!

So I got the card below for £59.00

Code:
    http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/pny-nvidia-geforce-gtx460-pci-e-graphics-card-768mb-07203783-pdt.html
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Wink

Nice move !

uniuk2000
    Result - well done...

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    There are some real numptys in there alright, I was in my local about 3 years ago when i was looking a new tv. I fancied a Samsung one that I had read a few reviews on. All were the same, great picture but sound was a bit tinny and may struggle in a large room. So I goes in the store and seen the one I wanted and asked the assistant to let me hear the actual tvs speakers rather than the sound from the surround sound gear it was hooked up to. so he goes round the back of the tv and fiddles about. Then he comes out and announces that you need to hook it up to get sound. I knew he was talking garbage but let him continue cos he was really amusing me now. I have never heard anyone talk as much BS with such authority in all my life.

Didnt stop me from going back and I just picked up an ONKYO ONKCBX300 Ipod dock the other day for a stonking £65.

Title
    Thanks
    While looking through the telstar 12 satellite at 15 W I found a radio station named "PCWorld FM"....

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    ah na you are a jammy dodger
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    V.I.P
    if i tell where i live am afraid ill have to kill you
    Thanks
    if you fell oot a window youd go up

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    The favorite with PC world is putting the wrong shelf edge labels up.

So far i have managed in 2003 to get a 160Gb HDD for £49, They were about £180 at the time. So impressed was i with the price that had to buy 3 of them just to p**s the manager off

I kept one and sold the other 2 on ebay and made £130 profit

I also managed last year to get 4 £120 Linksys N wireless ADSL routers for £39 each.

The manager tried to fob me off after removing the shelf edge label but soon changed his mind when i said, fine i'll go to trading standards equiped with the video i have of the shelf edge label here on my Blackberry. Fortunately i also had a copy of the Sun with me which i also put on the video to prove the date

I only went in for a cheap router but walked out with all four on the shelf to teach the twat not to try it on.

The other 3 spare ones also went on ebay covering the cost of the first router and making me £70 in the process.

Just make sure if you ever find a shelf label stating an incorrect lower price that you take a photo of it first, otherwise they will try and back track.

They have to by law sell you the item for the price that is on the shelf label

Many thanks to the feckless idiot managers of the Aberdeen and Wednesbury branches of PC World

Nano
    Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Formuler F3, Venton Unibox Eco+, nBox 5800s, TechniSat SkyStar 2 eXpress HD PCI-e card

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Actually nano you would be a little wrong there i have been in the retail trade for over 10 years given it up now

but the product belongs to the retailer until payed for and even if a price is incorrect the retailer has the full rights to sell it or not trading law does not require a retailer to sell anything nore does it require the retailer to offer a mandatory refund on its products when purchaced in store.

So if a price is incorrect the price must be honered yes but the retailer can just turn around and say actually i dont wanna sell it and take it off the selves and as long as its been off the shelves for 24hours or more it can be return at a new stated price.

Basically most of these things are the so called good will gesture and without it most customers wouldn't return to buy from them so that is why most 9 out of 10 times the reatiler will just honour it.

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    yes by law the retailer always has the rights to refuse sale.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    The best I had from PCW was going via cashback site for a £25 reserve&collect joystick, they paid £75 cashback rather than the few pennnies it should have been, needless to say i didn't complain.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?