Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BBC iPlayer within OnDemand

Title
    Thanks

BBC iPlayer within OnDemand

BBC iPlayer is not working for me at the moment. Anybody else having problems? (itv player is OK)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    I have retitled your thread.

Confirmed here on Apollo 64. Working fine on PC. Nothing of use in debug logs.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sataday View Post
    BBC iPlayer is not working for me at the moment. Anybody else having problems? (itv player is OK)
    Code:
    http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/tv/feeds
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mcquaim For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (29-10-14),sataday (29-10-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Yea. Iv'e just checked on my laptop and it is working there, but not on the OnDemand plugin on my solo2 - apollo 064.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    The BBC feeds are gone so it won't be back for a while I'm afraid..
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mcquaim For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (29-10-14),sataday (29-10-14),seame (30-10-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mcquaim View Post
    The BBC feeds are gone so it won't be back for a while I'm afraid..
    Well that's a bummer

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    well that saves me reinstalling that plugin with my OpenVix-HD Apollo 70 upgrade

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,306 Posts
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...o-longer-works

Although for me, none of the OnDemand players work - they only show menus.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Yea. Iv'e just checked on my laptop and it is working there, but not on the OnDemand plugin on my solo2 - apollo 064.
    It works okay on TV, dvd player and pc, but not on my Sat boxes

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    It works okay on TV, dvd player and pc, but not on my Sat boxes
    Because as Mcquaim said the feeds we were using have been removed by the BBC, the others you are referencing are officially licensed versions of the Iplayer and as such dont use these now deleted feeds, which is why they still work.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

mcquaim (29-10-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,306 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...o-longer-works

Although for me, none of the OnDemand players work - they only show menus.
    Fixed my problem by:
    1. Remove OnDemand
    2. Re-image Apollo 070
    3. Restore backup
    4. Re-install OnDemand

I now have ITV Player and 3Player working again. But not BBC iPlayer, for reasons noted in this thread,.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    Because as Mcquaim said the feeds we were using have been removed by the BBC, the others you are referencing are officially licensed versions of the Iplayer and as such dont use these now deleted feeds, which is why they still work.
    Don't 99.9% of households in the UK already pay for the license? I was under the impression that Iplayer works for those who connect to the BBC feeds with a UK IP address, hence thats why all the other IPlayer applications mentioned in this thread still work.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    Don't 99.9% of households in the UK already pay for the license? I was under the impression that Iplayer works for those who connect to the BBC feeds with a UK IP address, hence thats why all the other IPlayer applications mentioned in this thread still work.
    Thats nothing to do with it, as said the BBC have deleted the feeds we were using in our plugin, without them or other suitable feeds there is nothing we can do about it.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    Also, the main developer to thank for this plugin lives in Ireland so might not always be able to implement BBC/UK changes.
    If it can be done, I'm sure it will be, a bit of patience & lots of free time from anyone developing is hopefully all that's needed.
    Haven't read the new BBC terms on using their shows for OnDemand services though.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi All
    The BBC have launched a new API called Nitro. When you try to acces one of the old links used by OnDemand you are sent here http://feeds.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/retirement.xml which tells us what has happened. I'm wondering if it is possible for rogerthis (the devloper listed on the source code) or Andy (who I thought was the developer) to perhaps have a look at this. I shall have a nose around and see what can be done but I don't reckon my knowledge of python is up to the task.

The BBC also have mor einformation here http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/tv/feeds and here is the API link https://developer.bbc.co.uk/nitro
    Cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast