Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: How to Manually Download and Install Windows Updates

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts

How to Manually Download and Install Windows Updates

Please note. the following tutorial is not my work and i make no claim to it. i have however been using the software mentioned within the tutorial for many years and it does work well.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recently I was faced with a situation where I had an automatic update that wouldn’t install. To try and troubleshoot this issue, I needed a way to download the update so I could install it manually. Since Microsoft doesn’t offer such an option, I had to look elsewhere for help. Luckily, there is a program that was created to do just this.

Windows Update Downloader can manually download any update for Windows Vista, XP, 2003, 2000, Office 2003, and even Exchange 2003. It’s also great to use in conjunction with a Windows Vista Unattended Installation CD and Windows XP Unattended Installation CD so the updates are installed with the OS. Just follow these steps to get started.

Step 1. download windows update downloader.
    Code:
    http://wud.jcarle.com/ProgramFiles.aspx
    and install it.

step2. download the update list for your version of wondows
    Code:
    http://wud.jcarle.com/UpdateLists.aspx
    double click it to automatically import it.

Step 3: Open Windows Update Downloader and select the updates you wish to download. You can change the location in which the updates are downloaded by clicking “Change” next to Download Folder. Click the “Show Options” button and select “Product as subfolder” to separate the downloaded updates into subfolders based on the product name. This makes them much easier to sort through if you are downloading updates for multiple products.

Step 4: Click “Download” to start downloading updates.

Step 5: Once the updates have finished, you can navigate to your download folder to retrieve your updates.

You are now ready to install the updates with a simple double click. If you have any experience with downloading Windows Updates manually, please feel free to share.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (29-11-10)