Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Quick Update Question ?

Title
    Thanks

Quick Update Question ?

Hello Everyone.

A quick question if I may please.

I have a Gigablue Quad Plus running Apollo ver 041. Kernel 3.14.2

Can I use the online update to go to the latest version of Apollo & restore my setting from a backup or do I have to do something else first ?

Which image do I use HD or the usual one ?

Thank you.
    Regards.
    Tony.

Gigablue Quad Plus + Technomate 7102HD + TM F3/5 + 1.2Channel Master Motorised.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Hi, you can do a backup and restore BUT you will need to flash update it or ftp update it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

Tony_Daly (23-10-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    Hi, you can do a backup and restore BUT you will need to flash update it or ftp update it.
    Do you mean update by USB ?
    Thanks.
    Regards.
    Tony.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Yeah buddy. The feeds and sever have had an overhaul and OTA is not possible until you are on the latest, which is Build 64. But you won't lose anything as you will be able to restore from the backup you will make prior to updating.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

Tony_Daly (23-10-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    Yeah buddy. The feeds and sever have had an overhaul and OTA is not possible until you are on the latest, which is Build 64. But you won't lose anything as you will be able to restore from the backup you will make prior to updating.
    Thanks Andy.
    Much obliged.
    Regards.
    Tony.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,119 Times in 883 Posts
    You could also do what's known as a "couch flash". Assuming you have a settings backup made you can use the ViX Image Backup menu to download the latest entire image to your Quad Plus (I assume you have a HDD or large USB drive installed?) and restore from it. Then you can use the backup manager to restore your settings. No stick required!
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    You could also do what's known as a "couch flash". Assuming you have a settings backup made you can use the ViX Image Backup menu to download the latest entire image to your Quad Plus (I assume you have a HDD or large USB drive installed?) and restore from it. Then you can use the backup manager to restore your settings. No stick required!
    Thanks Tony.
    I should have no problem flashing an image from Usb as I've done it before with image 041.
    What I was unsure about was whether I could do it by online update & whether I could reload all my satellite & channel information from backup.
    I don't want to start all my satellite setting again as its taken me a good bit of time to get where I am now.
    Regards.
    Tony.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,119 Times in 883 Posts
    No - I mean a full image flash is available without using a USB stick. Check out the ViX Image backup menu. You can download a complete image from there. It's different from the online update process in that it blows away the flash ROM in your machine rather than just updating in place. When it reboots it checks if there are settings backups (same as the first boot after a USB stick flash) and allows you to restore settings. Just saves you the walk from PC to box with USB stick in hand
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Just to let everyone know everything worked fine for me.
    I'm now on Image 064.
    Thanks.
    Regards.
    Tony.