Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where can I find information about EPG related details?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,306 Posts

Where can I find information about EPG related details?

One thing that seems to be missing for OpenVIX/Enigma2 is documentation on how to configure things when various plugins don't do what you need.
    Perhaps I'm just looking in the wrong place, so does anyone know any documentation/hints on this lot:

1. How to configure the XMLTV download so that it will work for UK Freeview.
      Where are the config files, and how can you program it do get the data you want, and associate it with the relevant channels?
    2. What is the format of the epg.dat file?
    3. Given that the actual EPG data is apparently stored in memory, how can you update the running enigma2 process with additional EPG data?
      Is there an API somewhere to do this?
    4. Is there any documentation of the format of bouquet files?
      Is there any significance to the filenames (beyond, presumably, bouquets.radio and bouquets.tv)?
      What options are there to "ORDER BY" other than "bouquet"?
      Is there any significance to the 10 :-separated numbers in a #SERVICE line?
    5. Is the format of the lamedb file documented anywhere?
      And what significance do the options which eventually may end up on the p: lines have?
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Unfortunately, from the very beginning there has never been any real documentation to accompany Enigma 2, every one, our selves included pretty much just picked things up as they went on, which is why it's so damned difficult to find any concrete information for most things related to Enigma 2.

The closest your going to get to documentation at this moment in time is the ViX Manual in our download section at www.openvix.co.uk
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    How to configure the XMLTV download so that it will work for UK Freeview.
    Why using a web based server for epg data? Its available on the stream.

Enigma2 just "absorbs" the data when on a channel that has the EPG data. Freeview is like freesat in this regard. So in essence all you have to do is be on a chanenl for a while and the data will be downloaded. HAve a look ath thsi post regrading epg refresh plugin. http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...l=1#post311199 You obviously dont have to enable the Virgin EPG, trest of process is the same.

Where are the config files, and how can you program it do get the data you want, and associate it with the relevant channels?
    Not applicable for Freeview/Freesat/Virgin and several other providers abroad. Answered in part above

And what significance do the options which eventually may end up on the p: lines have?
    P: = provider, Arqiva, BBC, etc. No harm if blank.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    The closest your going to get to documentation at this moment in time is the ViX Manual in our download section at www.openvix.co.uk
    Thanks. I've read that, but it's (unsurprisingly) geared towards satellite setups, and tells you how to use what is provided rather than how to change/extend this when you need something else similar, but different.

Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Why using a web based server for epg data? Its available on the stream.
    It is, and that's working fine. But XMLTV (and/or similar feeds) provides 14-day data, and more detailed info as well. So it would be nice if I could set this up as I have it on my old (SD) PVR.

P: = provider, Arqiva, BBC, etc. No harm if blank.
    There are others which crop up, such as:
    Code:
    p:,c:000065,c:030065,c:050001,c:120066

p:,f:40
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Why not submit the xmltv details you use and they could be included?

Title
    Thanks
    Why not submit the xmltv details you use and they could be included?
    On my old PVR I don't actually use xmltv directly - just the data they have, so I don't know any configuration details for it.
    If I knew (==had some hints) how to configure xmltv on OpenVIX/Enigma2 then I could set about working out was is needed.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    [*]Is there any documentation of the format of bouquet files?
    Is there any significance to the filenames (beyond, presumably, bouquets.radio and bouquets.tv)?
    What options are there to "ORDER BY" other than "bouquet"?
    Is there any significance to the 10 :-separated numbers in a #SERVICE line?[*]Is the format of the lamedb file documented anywhere?
    And what significance do the options which eventually may end up on the p: lines have?[/LIST]
    About lamedb. This is what I found somewhere on the big internet:
    Code:
    Lamedb format explained
    Lamedb format
    File format of lamedb explained.
    Taken from /lib/dvb/db.cpp and Tools/Transponder.py.
    File is basically a fixed format file where some fields contain multiple values separated by commas of colons. Lines may not exceed 256 characters.
    It contains two sections.

Transponders started by a line transponders. Contains transponder frequencies, symbol rates, polarization and satellite position.
    Services started by a line services. Contains SSID, Card ID for channels on a particular transponder.

Header Line
    The file starts with a line eDVB services /%d/, where %d is format version.
    eDVB services /4/
    Transponders section
    Section starts with a line transponders.
    Followed by a DVB line and transponder data line tuples. The DVB data line starts at col 0, the transponder data line immediatly follows and starts with a <TAB>.
    Lines starting at col0 contains three fields encoded in hexadecimal:
    DVB namespace
    Transport stream id
    Original network id

Lines starting with a <TAB> character and contain DVB transponder data such as frequency and symbol rate. Three types of DVB transponders can be encoded here:

Satellite DVB
    Terestrial DVB
    Cable DVB
    Satellite lines start with <TAB>s like: s 10773250:22000000:0:2:192:2:0:1:2:0:2 fields for version 3 and 4. All fields are separated by colons, values in decimal.

Frequency in Hertz.
    Symbol rate in bits per second.
    Polarization: 0=Horizontal, 1=Vertical, 2=Circular Left, 3=Circular right.
    Forward Error Control (FEC): 0=None , 1=Auto, 2=1/2, 3=2/3, 4=3/4 5=5/6, 6=7/8, 7=3/5, 8=4/5, 9=8/9, 10=9/10.
    Orbital Position: in degrees East: 130 is 13.0E, 192 is 19.2E. Negative values are West -123 is 12.3West.
    Inversion: 0=Auto, 1=On, 2=Off
    Flags (Only in version 4): Field is absent in version 3.
    System: 0=DVB-S 1=DVB-S2.
    Modulation: 0=Auto, 1=QPSK, 2=QAM16, 3=8PSK.
    Rolloff (Only used in DVB-S2): 0=0.35, 1=0.25, 3=0.20
    Pilot (Only used in DVB-S2): 0=Auto, 1=Off, 1=On.

Terrestrial lines start with <TAB>t:

values found in frontendparms.h (github openvix)
    /* WARNING: do not change the order of these values, they are used to parse lamedb and terrestrial.xml FEC fields.
    The values are NOT the same as those in eDVBFrontendParametersSatellite/eDVBFrontendParametersCable
    (and it's too late to fix this now, we would break backward compatibility)
    */
    frequency in Hertz.													*--
    Bandwidth: 0=Auto, 1=8Mhz, 2=7Mhz, 3=6Mhz.							*Bandwidth_8MHz, Bandwidth_7MHz, Bandwidth_6MHz, Bandwidth_Auto, Bandwidth_5MHz, Bandwidth_1_712MHz, Bandwidth_10MHz
    Code rate High Pass FEC: 0=Auto, 1=1/2, 2=2/3, 3=3/4, 4=5/6, 5=7/8.	*FEC_1_2=0, FEC_2_3=1, FEC_3_4=2, FEC_5_6=3, FEC_7_8=4, FEC_Auto=5, FEC_6_7=6, FEC_8_9=7
    Code rate Low Pass FEC: 0=Auto, 1=1/2, 2=2/3, 3=3/4, 4=5/6, 5=7/8.	*FEC_1_2=0, FEC_2_3=1, FEC_3_4=2, FEC_5_6=3, FEC_7_8=4, FEC_Auto=5, FEC_6_7=6, FEC_8_9=7
    Modulation: 0=Auto, 1=QPSK, 2=QAM16, 3=QAM64.						*Modulation_QPSK, Modulation_QAM16, Modulation_QAM64, Modulation_Auto, Modulation_QAM256
    Transmission mode: 0=Auto, 1=2k, 3=8k								*TransmissionMode_2k, TransmissionMode_8k, TransmissionMode_Auto, TransmissionMode_4k, TransmissionMode_1k, TransmissionMode_16k, TransmissionMode_32k
    Guard Interval: 0=Auto, 1=1/32, 2=1/16, 3=1/8, 4=1/4				*GuardInterval_1_32, GuardInterval_1_16, GuardInterval_1_8, GuardInterval_1_4, GuardInterval_Auto, GuardInterval_1_128, GuardInterval_19_128, GuardInterval_19_256
    Hierarchy: 0=Auto, 1=None, 2=1, 3=2, 4=4							*Hierarchy_None, Hierarchy_1, Hierarchy_2, Hierarchy_4, Hierarchy_Auto
    Inversion: 0=Auto, 1=On, 2=Off.										*Inversion_Off, Inversion_On, Inversion_Unknown
    Flags: (dp.cpp :always 0?)
    system:(dp.cpp :int system = eDVBFrontendParametersTerrestrial::System_DVB_T =0? DVB_T2 =1?)
    plpid: (dp.cpp :always 0?)

Cable lines start with <TAB>c:

Frequency in Hertz.
    Symbol rate.
    Inversion: 0=Auto, 1=On, 2=Off.
    Modulation: 0=Auto, 1=QAM16, 2=QAM32, 3=QAM64, 4=QAM128, 5=QAM256.
    Forward Error Control innert (FEC_inner): 0=None, 1=Auto, 2=1/2, 3=2/3, 4=3/4, 5=5/6, 6=7/8, 7=8/9.
    Flags

services section
    The section starts with the word services on a line by itself.
    Followed by a three line tuple: DVB stream data, Channel name, Provider data line.
    The DVB stream data line contains six fields:

Service id (SSID value from stream) in Hex
    DVB namespace in Hex.
    Transport stream id in Hex
    Original network id in Hex
    Service type in Decimal: 1=TV, 2=Radio
    Service number in Decimal.

The Channel name is on a line by itself in some character encoding (to be investigated)
    The last line contains Provider Service data. Variable number of fields, separated by commas. Fields formed like <tag>:value. For example p:Sky Digital,c:000202,c:010282,c:020242,c:030202,c:0500 01,C:0963,C:0961,C:0960.

Provider name field. Field tag p: Name of provider.
    Cached data. Field tag c: followed by two decimal digits and four hexadecimal digits. For example c:010282 is composed of 01 decimal cache id, 0282 hexadecimal value to cache.
    Card ID (CIAD). Field tag C: follwed by four hexadecimal digits: Card ID. For example C:0100.
    Flag data: Field tag f: followed by hexadecimal digits.
    Maybe this will help you.
    No, there is not a "the Big Enigma2 developers manual".
    Most of us are learning from reading others code.
    For bouquets I advice to read the code of the plugin "AutoBouquetsMaker" and the scripts of Lraizer.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peterj For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (28-10-14),birdman (27-10-14)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Setting up the XMLTV importer on ViX is pretty straight forward;
    1- Set it to a daily import (after 08.00 GMT as only then all data will be up to date, and make sure the time doesn't coincide with Cross if you also use Cross),
    2- set the number of days (I never got more the 7 days, so not sure where you got 14 days from) and
    3- use the blue button to choose the source-packages.

IMHO it can't go wrong following the screen.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterj View Post
    About lamedb. This is what I found somewhere on the big internet:
    [...cut...]
    No, there is not a "the Big Enigma2 developers manual".
    Most of us are learning from reading others code.
    For bouquets I advice to read the code of the plugin "AutoBouquetsMaker" and the scripts of Lraizer.
    Thanks. I was unable to find anything much....

I may write something up based on what I found, if it seems that it might be useful to others.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    Setting up the XMLTV importer on ViX is pretty straight forward;
    [...cut...]
    IMHO it can't go wrong following the screen.
    Except that the only options for setting it up seem to be Satelllite-based, and I'm using Terrestrial broadcasts.
    I've tried "Rytec UK XMLTV", but that produces 0 events.
    Which is why I wish to know how it is configured, so I can make UK a Freeview HD config file for it.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Except that the only options for setting it up seem to be Satelllite-based, and I'm using Terrestrial broadcasts.
    I've tried "Rytec UK XMLTV", but that produces 0 events.
    Which is why I wish to know how it is configured, so I can make UK a Freeview HD config file for it.
    Correct, most of Rytec EPG info is for sat.
    Maybe this helps:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...hlight=epg+nas

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Peterj For This Useful Post:

birdman (28-10-14)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    The originator of the data is Doglover and he lives on
    Code:
    http://forums.openpli.org/forum/52-en-rytec-xmltv-and-epg-support/
    Best is to ask him for support.
    First thing you should do is to read his tutorial on
    Code:
    http://forums.openpli.org/topic/12274-request-for-adding-epg-for-channels/

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

birdman (29-10-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterj View Post
    Correct, most of Rytec EPG info is for sat.
    Maybe this helps:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...hlight=epg+nas
    That looks interesting.
    I already have a Web server running at home (with 3 mirrors, also all at home - gives the little systems something to do...)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    That looks interesting.
    I already have a Web server running at home (with 3 mirrors, also all at home - gives the little systems something to do...)
    What are you actually trying to do? You seem to be over complicating things for your actual needs?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    What are you actually trying to do? You seem to be over complicating things for your actual needs?
    From the first post:

1. How to configure the XMLTV download so that it will work for UK Freeview.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast