Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hackintosh

Thanks
    Good luck with Ubuntu - I would install the Ubuntu Studio add ons. That is if you are going to use it for music, video or picture editing.

ViX Beta Tester

Thanks
    Thanked 4,064 Times in 3,173 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    I ran Ubuntu for months and it worked perfectly with every thing except my printer, which was pretty much the only reason why I took it off and went back to windows. That and the fact that I could not find any suitable Linux tools that would work with my Samsung Galaxy s5 at the time, and I desperately needed to flash it back to stock a android rom for the banking apps which would not work on rooted firmware.
    Printers used to be a nightmare on linux (many years ago), don't think so anymore?
    Can't remember the last print out I had to do was though (personal use, company use, use their printers...), probably a plane boarding pass.
    With dreaded QR codes now being accepted as boarding passes in lots of airports, haven't had to do that in a while either.
    Think I mentioned adb to you before, easy to flash any android device on linux these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingpig View Post
    Good luck with Ubuntu - I would install the Ubuntu Studio add ons. That is if you are going to use it for music, video or picture editing.
    +1, easy install on any Ubuntu box.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12