Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: openwebif streaming port

Title
    Thanks

openwebif streaming port

Hi guys

Got another query for you this time streaming related.

Whenever i browse to my receivers webpage and i want to stream a movie stored on the usb hdd in the receiver, the movie will stream fine however whenever i want to stream a tv channel it does not work.

I have looked at the files generated for streaming and i can see that the movies are configured to go through port 80 however the tv channel is configured to go through port 8001. Is there a way to change the port?
    Technomate TM-2TOE, Technomate diseq 1.2 Motor 2100A, 110cm Triax Dish, 500GB IOMEGA USB Drive, running OpenVix

"You don't know what you got till is gone."

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Tried on same class of receiver, working fine. Can you post step by step way to reproduce issue please. Specifially what you are clicking to initiate the stream.

Can you also confirm that you have an available tuner when you start the process?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Tried on same class of receiver, working fine. Can you post step by step way to reproduce issue please. Specifially what you are clicking to initiate the stream.

Can you also confirm that you have an available tuner when you start the process?
    Ok if you got it working then I must be doing something wrong...

So if I want to stream a tv channel in PC I launch either Firefox or IE.
    Type the ip address for the receiver, which will the prompt for the username and password for the openwebif page.
    When the page launches the bouquets tab is pre selected so I click on the satellites tab which will then load the list of satellites.
    I then select the service which hosts the tv channel I which to stream. This will expand and display the available channels for that specific service.
    I will then locate the channel I wish to stream and click on the tv icon on the right hand side.
    This launches a window which prompts to open or save a 'stream.m3u' file.
    I usually click open and this launches Windows Media Player which just sits there saying opening media.

Saving the file or opening with VLC does not change anything, the behaviour is the same.
    Technomate TM-2TOE, Technomate diseq 1.2 Motor 2100A, 110cm Triax Dish, 500GB IOMEGA USB Drive, running OpenVix

Title
    Thanks
    oh yes i forgot to say i do have 2 tuners available which work fine to watch tv. Also i always make sure that the dish is parked on the channel i wish to stream.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by has786 View Post
    Type the ip address for the receiver, which will the prompt for the username and password for the openwebif page.
    So, you've changed some default settings?

Title
    Thanks
    Working fine here with mozilla firefox and vlc.Are you talking home network or outside lan??What version is vlc?Have you tried xbmc?
    GigaBlue HD800UE OPENVIX HELIOS
    Xpeed LX2 HDF

Title
    Thanks
    Judge

The only thing I changed was to enable http authentication so that if I type the ip address of the receiver it prompts for a username and password.

For security I have password protected my receiver which I believe it is always recommended.

It is all worth knowing that I have not forwarded or opened port 8001 on my router. I won't open ports willy neelly unless I know what im doing .

Lemi

VLC version was the latest available. Do i need to use a specific one?

XMBC i have never used but i have heard about it.

Title
    Thanks
    Screenshot show what happens for me on openwebif.

Can I suggest you chaneg default program for m3u files to VLC and report back.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    Abu,

I had some success with VLC but I had to restart the receiver and then attempt to stream. However it does not work for every channel.
    Windows media player just does not work for me when it comes to streaming.

How to i get it work for every channel?

Title
    Thanks
    Let's leave streaming to one side for a moment. Are you able to record one encrypted channel while watching another?

If you are using CCcam, which version number?

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Abu sorry for delay on replying

i have never recorded anything from this box. the cccam i'm using is v.2.3.0