Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Channels change every 5 to 10 minutes

Title
    Thanks

Angry Channels change every 5 to 10 minutes

I have tried to reinstall from build 034 to 037 to 0040. But the tuner operates in a strange way. It will go from one channel to another every 5 to 10 minutes. Hopping from one bouqet to another. I have tried to delete the history by using 0 button. This helps some times - then it starts to randomly change channels.

Secondly If I try to stream from the webinterface the selected main tuner will change. If I have selected tuner A as default - the tuner will suddenly use tuner B. The only way to prevent such problems is to shut down the webinterface or reboot the tuner.

I am using Cccam in with an ordinary cfg.

Kind regards

Odiner - Norway

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Have you remote access opened up to the box?

Title
    Thanks
    I am not sure what you mean - I am using the webinterface from my computer in my private network. No other remote access

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Do you have any ports open on your router to access the box from outside your home? This sounds like a possible hack into your system.

Title
    Thanks
    disable hdmicec.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by odiner View Post
    I have tried to reinstall from build 034 to 037 to 0040. But the tuner operates in a strange way. It will go from one channel to another every 5 to 10 minutes. Hopping from one bouqet to another. I have tried to delete the history by using 0 button. This helps some times - then it starts to randomly change channels.

Secondly If I try to stream from the webinterface the selected main tuner will change. If I have selected tuner A as default - the tuner will suddenly use tuner B. The only way to prevent such problems is to shut down the webinterface or reboot the tuner.

I am using Cccam in with an ordinary cfg.

Kind regards

Odiner - Norway
    turn web interface off from the plugins menu

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    I am not sure what you mean - I am using the webinterface from my computer in my private network. No other remote access
    So, you haven't opened ports on your router for remote streaming?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2stein View Post
    disable hdmicec.
    Nonsense. HDMI-CEC might have some driver issues on certain boxes & TV's, but channel hopping isn't one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by deckymckeown View Post
    turn web interface off from the plugins menu
    Again, nonsense unless the OP has folks in the house using streaming devices.

Title
    Thanks
    I have open ports on my router, to access the tuner from my Mac when I'm travelling. There could be a hack from outside - I will try to look at the my routers connections. Today my ftp/Telnet interface didn't give me access to the box before I did a reboot. Any clue where to look inside the tuner?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    If or when this happens again issue the netstat command via a telnet session to see what IP's are connected to your receiver, as it certainly sounds like your receiver is being hacked for its streaming channels.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    do u have epg refresh on, that would change channels every few mins, u can choose different tuner to use for epg refresh if it is that,

Title
    Thanks
    I am aware of EPG refresh, but don't use it - only Rytec

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I am aware of EPG refresh, but don't use it - only Rytec
    As I said next time this happens fire up a telnet session and run the netstat command to see who is connected to your receiver, I'd say it's almost certain your receiver is being hacked due to the open streaming ports.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    I have carefully monitored the VU+ duo2 tuner all day. My router and PC shows no external connection and the other clients are iPhone/iPads and 2 Mac computers. But without doing nothing the tuner refuse telnet/ftp connection. I has setup Tuner A as default - but Tuner B is being used. No other activity are showing on my tuner.

Trouble with ftp/telnet was something I experienced with Black Hole 2.11 image - I have not until the last week had this problem with OpenVix and ftp/telnet connection. The only way now is to reboot the tuner with power off.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    So what error are you getting with telnet and FTP ?.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Turn off port forwarding on your router to see if it stops
    VU+Duo2 5.2.025

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast