Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Tuner settings

Title
    Thanks

Tuner settings

Hi,

I just updated to a new image (Apollo 041) after more than a year and would like to check with you whether I got the tuner setup right. The reason for asking is that the BBC HD channels are suddenly breaking up, a problem that I never had with the old Vix setup where these channels came through very strongly even in the worst weather (I am on the German/Dutch border).

My setup is as follows:

2 satellite dishes, each with 2 LNBs
    1 dish aimed at 28.2E for the English channels
    1 aimed at 19.2E for the German/European ones

Tuner A
    Simple, DiSEqC A/B, Port A 19.2E Astra ..., Port B 28.2E Eutelsat ..., Set voltage ... Yes, Send DiSEqC No

Tuner B
    Like Tuner A

Satfinder gives me the following signal strengths:
    Tuner A SNR 95%, AGC 82%

Is this the right setup?

Title
    Thanks
    Are you sure this is image related. Have you tried going back (only as a temporary test) to your previous image to see if there is a problem with that image as well.

The BBC/ITV/Ch4/Ch5 channels are now more difficult to receive in Europe but you should have no problem at your location. I recently loaded the latest Apollo over a very old Helios image on a Uno - location is the French Alps - and everything worked exactly as before. All the BBC channels are received perfectly.

Title
    Thanks
    No I am not sure it is image related. Yes, I did try to go back only to fail miserably because the Image Manager failed (see my other recent post on Mounting a server folder).

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry, I was not aware of your other post regarding not being able to restore your old image.

I have a very similar 19°e/28°e setup but with just a single tuner and single LNBs. My settings are exactly the same as your settings - simple, DiSEqC A/B, Port A 19.2E ..., Port B 28.2E, Set voltage - Yes, Send DiSEqC - No. And as I said before, it all works smoothly with the latest Apollo image.

The most likely explanation is a problem with your dish/LNB/connections. You could do a test with just a single feed from the 28°e LNB into one of your tuners - see if you still get stuttering on the HD channels.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Timofee. I have long suspected a problem with the actual connections, or rather one of them and think the actual switch might be a bit dodgy. I did have it checked though and t passed with flying colours. Moreover, the odd thing is that everything was fine with the old image. In fact, all is well now too, but I am not sure how I solved it. The problem went away when instead of making Tuner B "like A", I let it run its own channel search (but it is still set up exactly as A). I did tinker around with a few other things that I cannot remember, so I can't be a 100% sure about what actually set things right. I guess to be on the safe side I should replace the old switch (now 10 years old anyway).

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    as you said....." Tuner A
    Simple, DiSEqC A/B, Port A 19.2E Astra ..., Port B 28.2E Eutelsat ..., Set voltage ... Yes, Send DiSEqC No " how are you switching from one to other if you are using a diseqc switch?

Title
    Thanks
    It's typical enigma2 confusing details when going through settings.

The full line is "send DiSEqC only on Satellite change" to which the answer is no - because you also want to send the DiSEqC command on changing from one channel to another when the two channels are on different satellites.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to timofee For This Useful Post:

fouldup (30-10-14)