Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Brand new VU+ Solo2 green cast on scart lead

Title
    Thanks

Brand new VU+ Solo2 green cast on scart lead

I have just received a brand new VU+ Solo2 today from WOS and I am very impressed with it, however I think (but I'm not sure) that the receiver may be faulty.
    I have run setup three times now but the receiver gives a green tinted picture through a scart lead, although it is working perfectly through an HDMI lead. I have also tried going into and changing the A/V settings in the setup menu, swapping the scart lead for another and changing to a different scart socket on the back of the TV. I also have a Technomate 5402 and a sky box and both work perfectly through scart on my TV so I do t believe the TV is at fault.
    As I am running out or HDMI ports on my TV and I also might later want to plug it into a RF adaptor to pipe it into my TV distribution system, it is essential I get the scart working. I have emailed WOS so expect a reply soon, but in the mean time can anyone put me right as it could well be me that has missed something simple.

Title
    Thanks
    Issue resolved, changed the Receiver TV out to S-video and all working fine, funny thing is I tried that earlier several times and it didn't work?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    A green tinted picture through a scart lead means that one of the connector-pins is not making contact. S- pushing the connector good into the box & TV or changing the cable should help.
    And S-video has a lower quality then RGB (at least I hope you had RGB chosen in the scart menu in the AV-settings).

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

Gibbin82 (16-09-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    A green tinted picture through a scart lead means that one of the connector-pins is not making contact. S- pushing the connector good into the box & TV or changing the cable should help.
    And S-video has a lower quality then RGB (at least I hope you had RGB chosen in the scart menu in the AV-settings).
    Thanks Rob, I did try changing the scart lead. swapping the scart sockets on the TV and it didn't help. I will persevere with it although I am not sure I will get the better of it.

Title
    Thanks
    If its not the scart lead or the tv at fault then try a reflash...other option to try is the video/audio 3 pin output to your tv or modulator

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MeeŽkat For This Useful Post:

Gibbin82 (17-09-14)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You did set 'RGB'?

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Rob, It seems as though the problem is down to my TV (an older Panasonic Plasma digital DVB TV), although this TV works perfectly with other RGB sources it won't with the VU+ box. I tried the receiver on a new Samsung Smart TV and the RGB is perfect. Running the VU+ box through the Panasonic on the YPbPr Scart setting now and everything is fine.

Title
    Thanks
    All sorted now, my TV just won't accept the RGB signal from the VU+ box, it's a bit of a surprise as I didn't think that the TV wouldn't be ok with some RGB sources but incompatible with others. At least I know the receiver is working correctly

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Hmmm, strange. As RGB is a very old format (and as far as I know it never changed at all), this is very surprising.

Anyway: YPbPr is much better, as that is HD compliant.