Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Transcoding on the Xpeed LX3

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks

Transcoding on the Xpeed LX3

Hi all, As the title suggests.

Has anyone been able to configure Transcoding? I am trying to use Blackbox app on my iPhone.

I have the latest Vix image running at the moment.

The Blackbox app itself only has "VU", "ET10000" and "VLC" as configurations... Obviously not using "VLC"... have tried both the others and no luck.

Just comes up with an error to check configuration or the transcoder may not be available.

Thanks all.

Amit.
    Setup: Vu+ Duo, Orbital 90cm Dish, Technomate TM2600 Motor, Inverto twin LNB

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Just use the webinterface on iphone, no need for any app.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

bobonthejob (02-09-14)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanks Sic...Tried that. Didnt fire up...Default port was forwarded to the IP of my LX3.

BTW - I am trying to access over the internet....

D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found HERE

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    No one else trying to transcode on the lx3?

Have tried to use web interface on local network using default ports and also externally but have not managed to get it working.

Anyone had any success with it? Please.

D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found HERE

Title
    Thanks
    it used to work really well with blackbox,i think something got broken the last few days after the latest drivers, kernel etc. I think we just have to wait for an update of openvix or an update of the blackbox app. In any case, you need to select vu+ transcoding from the blackbox menu.

i think something got changed or messed up with the streaming port on enigma 2. It used to be port 8001 for normal stream and 8002 for the transcoded stream. now on the PC with vlc it looks like the transcoded streaming is using port 8001 aswell.

what you could do in the meantime is use the webif, it works really well in local LAN and the internet if you have forwarded the webif port and the streaming ports. Just make sure you choose "Show Full OpenWebif" at the bottom of the open webif mobile

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanks mate.

I have forwarded different external ports for 8001 and 8002 on my router to the LX3.

So you say you had transcoding on Blackbox? Excellent...so it has worked? Is that over the internet too? - This was one of the reasons for getting the box too.

I have selected VU+ profile from the transcoding options in blackbox and set the external port which i have defined for 8001 in the here...The stream seems to play now...but obviously no way of telling whether it is pulling a Standard or taranscoded stream.....since if what you say is correct and both streams are running from 8001.

Let me know how you get on....

@Sicilian - Can you follow up with the manufacturer on this aspect? Has something changed in the drivers. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gvsb View Post
    it used to work really well with blackbox,i think something got broken the last few days after the latest drivers, kernel etc. I think we just have to wait for an update of openvix or an update of the blackbox app. In any case, you need to select vu+ transcoding from the blackbox menu.

i think something got changed or messed up with the streaming port on enigma 2. It used to be port 8001 for normal stream and 8002 for the transcoded stream. now on the PC with vlc it looks like the transcoded streaming is using port 8001 aswell.

what you could do in the meantime is use the webif, it works really well in local LAN and the internet if you have forwarded the webif port and the streaming ports. Just make sure you choose "Show Full OpenWebif" at the bottom of the open webif mobile

D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found HERE

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bobonthejob View Post
    @Sicilian - Can you follow up with the manufacturer on this aspect? Has something changed in the drivers. Thanks.
    Try Egami image please and let me know results.

Code:
    http://image.egami-image.com/index.php?open=xpeedlx3
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    K dude. Will let you know how I get on with egami.

Just FYI. When you open a transcode stream from openwebif and then look at the properties it is clear that port 8001 is the use rather that 8002. Don't know if that has always been the case since I have never had it working.

D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found HERE

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Ok here is the update.

@gvsb - I can confirm that i have managed to get it to work using Blackbox. (You must have seen it work on the earlier build of VIX - Not working on the latest VIX Build - Notes below)

@Sicilian - I tried Egami and on the latest build with the latest updates applied, the issue is still there.

I then tested with VIX again....

I flashed the first build for the LX3 - Build "25" - I am able to Stream normally and via a Transcoded stream. I am able to connect via the "Blackbox" app on my Apple devices too using the transcoded and standard streams.

I have tested both locally on my LAN and Remotely over the Internet and it works a treat.

I am not sure which build it is that it gets broken on...I can only assume that there is a issue with the drivers? Maybe something in the image itself? I think driver because Egami on the latest build had the same issue.

Something that you pick up with the Manufacturer? or the Developers?

Thanks all...

D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found HERE

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bobonthejob For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (05-09-14)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Just looked through recent commits, looks like this one may have broken it, I'll let the dev's know.

Code:
    Branch: refs/heads/2.3
      Home:   https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-core
      Commit: 30b1d31c2c1c95ea3eab842909a66803a2543f6d
          https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-al...a66803a2543f6d
      Author: a4tech <darezik@gmail.com>
      Date:   2014-08-31 (Sun, 31 Aug 2014)

Changed paths:
        M meta-brands/meta-ini/conf/machine/include/ini-oem.inc
        M meta-brands/meta-ini/conf/machine/inihdp.conf
        M meta-brands/meta-ini/recipes-drivers/ini-dvb-modules-inihdp.bb
        R meta-brands/meta-ini/recipes-transcode/ini-transtreamproxy.bb
        M meta-oe/recipes-oe-alliance/enigma2-plugins/enigma2-oe-alliance-plugins.bb

Log Message:
      -----------
      [HDp] - transcoding w/o transtreamproxy.

- transcoding aspect ratio use 4:3, 16:9, Auto

- HDMI-IN recrod & transcode
          : There is still audio mute problem

- vtuner stability
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks

Transcoding on the Xpeed LX3

A few days/weeks ago when it was working fine the plugin was called transcoding. When it got changed to Multi-Transcoding is where the problems started. It has to be because both streams now use port 8001.

Blackbox for iOS is an excellent, powerful and refined app. The best I have seen by far, ever, in any platform for watching/controlling enigma2 boxes. Transcoding used to work really well on it in LAN and WAN. The only slight problem I have with it is sometimes it is not releasing the tuner properly. As a result after a lot of watching and a lot of channels changes I might be watching something on B tuner and A tuner is lit and occupied even though it should be free. Is there a way to free up a (falsely) occupied tuner through the interface or telnet? The only way I have found so far is to restart enigma2 ('killall enigma2' command).
    Same thing (falsely occupied tuner) is sometimes happening with webif as well so it is probably not a blackbox issue but a receiver or enigma2 issue. Can anybody else please report any experiences on this matter?
    Last edited by gvsb; 06-09-14 at 09:50.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gvsb For This Useful Post:

bobonthejob (06-09-14),Sicilian (08-09-14)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    @sicilian - Did you have any luck with the Dev's? Looks like a build 30 went out....but nothing to resolve this issue.Thanks.

D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found HERE

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Spoken to the Dev's and tested myself. Transcoding is working, but you must use 8001, ignore the the 8002 port tip when in your web browser. Forward port 8001. Soon it will be possible to change ports.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Just tested with Blackbox Pro on iphone, using 8001 as streaming port, transcoding fine. LX3 users port 8001 for transcoding.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

bobonthejob (09-09-14),mcquaim (08-09-14)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanks Sicilian for following up on this.

I have too tested and can confirm that it works albeit a little glitchy.

For others to note...

I am using "Blackbox Pro" for Apple devices and have managed to transcode on LAN and WAN.

You need to select the ET10K profile in Blackbox since this configuration uses the 8001 port. You can now modify the transcoded stream attribute via the blackbox app to reduce/better the quality.

Hope that helps.

D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found HERE

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bobonthejob For This Useful Post:

aido (24-06-15),Sicilian (10-09-14)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast