Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Can get past Spinning vix on Apollo - Duo

thisntaht

Can get past Spinning vix on Apollo - Duo

Hi Guys,

I have a vu Duo that was running vix 3.xx (The last one of available of 3.xx) Today I tried to update the image via USB to Apollo 26 and it wouldn't go past the first splash screen (The Pic of the waterfall of Apollo)
    Then after 10 seconds on the splash screen, vix started spinning in the top left corner and it wouldn't go any further. I've tried 3 different USB stick and formatted them all before I put the image on them,
    I reinstalled the boot-loader from openvix and tried again just incase and same result.

I re-downloaded the image from openvix incase it got corrupted and tried again and same result, I then downloaded Apollo 24 and tried installing it with all 3 different USB sticks and same result,
    I tried it with Apollo 21 and same result, I tried the different USB slots on the box both back and front, no difference.
    It seems to install the image ok because when its finished its asks you to remove the USB and restart the box so I took it that it installed without problems, obviously not.
    Anyone any ideas of what might be wrong as the box was working fine before I tried to upgrade the image but now no matter what Apollo image I try it stays at the splash screen with a spinning vix in the top left corner,

Any / All help appreciated as I've tried everything even different HDMI cables but no joy
    Just to add its a genuine box that I bought from World of satellite
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by thisntaht; 26-08-14 at 19:42.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Which bootloader do you have installed? (There hasn't been a new one for a while though)

thisntaht
    The bootloader on openvix section for the duo, "duo_cfe_3_0_usb.zip"
    I installed it just to rule out that that may be the problem, no difference tho.
    I tried to install a vu duo original image and that too got stuck on the splash screen with loading in the bottom corner and a spinning egg timer in the top left corner, would go no further
    Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Which bootloader do you have installed? (There hasn't been a new one for a while though)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    So, it's showing constant spinners before it gets to the first install wizard or after a reboot from setting up FIW?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Are you able to get serial boot logs?

thisntaht
    I can't get to any settings, it spins before I get to any options on screen at all

Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    So, it's showing constant spinners before it gets to the first install wizard or after a reboot from setting up FIW?

thisntaht
    Unfortunately not

Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Are you able to get serial boot logs?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I installed apollo 25 on sunday night, and the spashscreen with the spinning vix did take a long time before it loaded the image... but.. it did load the image, silly question m8, but are you leaving it long enought to load ??
    What else can i say !!.....

You can`t please all of the people all of the time...so...dont even try........ ...

Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dugJTYz-JR4&feature=em-subs_digest

thisntaht
    I thought the exact same thing, I left it on for 25 mins while it was spinning, Was that enough?
    And strange that it does the exact same thing with an original image

Quote Originally Posted by blueboy View Post
    I installed apollo 25 on sunday night, and the spashscreen with the spinning vix did take a long time before it loaded the image... but.. it did load the image, silly question m8, but are you leaving it long enought to load ??

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    How old is your Duo mate as I am just thinking that it could be the power supply playing up, mind you I am no Expert on the Original Duo but I have read somewhere that a power fault could give similar results I am sure that some one more knowledgeable with the Duo will rectify me if I am wrong
    but seeing that you have tried every thing that you can think of to rectify the problem I am defiantly thinking on the grounds that it is Hardware Related
    mind you I hope that I am wrong and it will be a simple fix

thisntaht
    Ya I've given up on it at this stage, It was only bought in January this year so I'm sending it back as its still under warranty. Its a strange one tho

Quote Originally Posted by nsw9154 View Post
    How old is your Duo mate as I am just thinking that it could be the power supply playing up, mind you I am no Expert on the Original Duo but I have read somewhere that a power fault could give similar results I am sure that some one more knowledgeable with the Duo will rectify me if I am wrong
    but seeing that you have tried every thing that you can think of to rectify the problem I am defiantly thinking on the grounds that it is Hardware Related

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Seeing as this is a Vu+ Duo it is possible you have just been unlucky and gotten a machine that suffers from the infamous "memory leak", which has still not been fixed by Vu +. You could try using the cache flush plugin to see if that helps.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsw9154 View Post
    To be honest there was never really a problem with the PSU in the Duo, it was the clones that had that issue. The only real hardware issue that affected the early Duo's was the faulty capacitor which lead to the infamous red light of death. And the equally infamous memory leak which was introduced with the 3.1.1 Linux kernel.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Cheers for putting me right mate I knew that I had read about the power supply problem but did not know that it was for the clones