Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: (help needed on motor)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Not all images support internal loop through, but that is what it should be. Best to try and see. Loop through is better than not using tuner.
    now that's something that I have been meaning to ask abu but never seem to get round to it, is it better to use an external loop through cable or is it just the same using the internal loop through, I have a 100 metre reel of RG6 cable and 50 connectors that I purchased from the sponsors would I be wasting my time making a few loop through cables to connect my 2 tuners that are using internal loop through

or do they both do the same job
    Last edited by nsw9154; 18-08-14 at 15:30.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    For tuners that support internal loopthrough you have no need to use external cables.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

nsw9154 (18-08-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    In that case tuner B should be set to "second cable from a motor" or words to that affect.
    Yea I think that's what it says.
    I'll change that setting later so

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lennyirl View Post
    I am not too sure what you mean?
    I have a solo2, tuner a goes to the motor(which then goes to the lnb) and tuner b goes directly to the lnb on the same dish?
    would the option I have be anything to do that I can't seem to rewind live tv? but I can pause it no problem
    Do you have a twin (or quad) LNB on the dish? If so, you can set tuner B to "second cable of motorised LNB", so that it knows that tuner B is on the same sat as tuner A and will allow you full flexibility to record multiple channels.
    Loopthrough is only used when you have one physical cable attachment but have two tuners and would allow you a bit more flexibility than using one tuner. But if you have two cables, then "second cable of motorised" is the option to use (providing your blackhole image supports it). If you are using "equal to", then the box software would think you had two separate motors and would try to control them both independently.
    There's no issue in giving support to you, but we need to know how the issue got resolved so that others who search the forums can benefit from the solution.

- edit - I see pheonix gave you the answer already. I had started a reply but went off to my multi-tuner box to check the wording and got sidetracked for 20 mins
    Last edited by Joe_90; 18-08-14 at 16:01.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    Do you have a twin (or quad) LNB on the dish? If so, you can set tuner B to "second cable of motorised LNB", so that it knows that tuner B is on the same sat as tuner A and will allow you full flexibility to record multiple channels.
    Loopthrough is only used when you have one physical cable attachment but have two tuners and would allow you a bit more flexibility than using one tuner. But if you have two cables, then "second cable of motorised" is the option to use (providing your blackhole image supports it). If you are using "equal to", then the box software would think you had two separate motors and would try to control them both independently.
    There's no issue in giving support to you, but we need to know how the issue got resolved so that others who search the forums can benefit from the solution.

- edit - I see pheonix gave you the answer already. I had started a reply but went off to my multi-tuner box to check the wording and got sidetracked for 20 mins
    I have a quad lnb tony
    I think what solved my problem was the factory reset, and I did not select the wizard to set it up for initial installation, that combined with the wrong location(which was throwing me off after I did the reboot with only finding a few stations.
    I will check the box later to see what options there is that I can use for tuner b. thanks for the replies lads

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Picture of your setup?
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

lennyirl (19-08-14)

Title
    Thanks
    yep, the is the same picture of my setup
    and yesterday evening, I changed tuner b settings to "second cable of motorized LNB1"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12