Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (help needed on motor)

Title
    Thanks

(help needed on motor)

**just realised didn't have a good topic description can't edit it..

HI lads, I have a solo2, have black hole image(not the latest yet) version 2, I know this forum seems to be mainly vix but this is the one I have been reading the last while
    anyway, I currently have 3 sats on my providers
    13 19 & 28

if I go from 28 to 19 on my sat, the motor moves, if i go to 19 to 13 it moves, but when I try to go back to 28 it fails to move..
    I do have to go into sat finger and manually select it to 28, why is this don't think this ever happened before?

now my settings, I have the motor going into lnb1 I have tuner a set to simple & positioner, have my location set 005.100 east & 050.767 north(Im in dublin) and for tuner b I have equal to tuner a
    The funny thing is I think its something to do with defaut service lists, 19 & 13 (which are set to no) are there but 28 isn't could this be the problem?

also another problem is I can't seem to download anything form within the box itsself from the download manager, addons etc. it seems like it downloads and say its installed x ammount with 0 errors but they don't seem to be there, could there be some admin setting on the box somewere

any ideas or do you need any screen shots on settings or anything? thanks for reading
    Last edited by lennyirl; 16-08-14 at 11:05.

Title
    Thanks
    ok, so I have updated the box to the latest blackhole and start off from fresh...
    the only cam I have on it ie the default cam(not sure if this will make a difference on scanning,
    the dish can moveI have it set to simple(it think its on 28.8, and when I scan i see canal+ and that coming up on the scan so its not pointing at the 28.8)
    when I go into sat finder tuner is set to
    manual transponder
    SNR about 45%
    AGC 82%
    ber 0%
    and its locked
    sat 28.8
    system:dvb-s
    freq 11836
    inversion auto
    symbol rate 27500
    polarisation horizontal
    fec auto
    , I have an option of lots of sats, and I can move it any deg I want and its locking, as far as I can see this option is only for viewing locks and has not option to save or anything
    Last edited by lennyirl; 16-08-14 at 11:28.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    If you are in Dublin (Ireland ) your latitude and longitude settings are a bit off - somewhere in eastern Belgium I think! Dublin would be 53.3N and 6.23W (not E).

If you have done your initial motor alignment with these settings you're never going to get accurate tracking. I would suggest you align the motor/dish on 5W initially and get peak signal quality on this sat. It has some very strong transponders so is easy to locate as it's practically due south from Dublin. With USALS, you can do your initial alignment on any satellite, but I've found that it is easier for troubleshooting to do the initial setup on the due south satellite.

With a motorised setup, you need to go into tuner setup and choose the satellite you want to scan and set it for USALS.
    Last edited by Joe_90; 16-08-14 at 18:32.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

lennyirl (16-08-14)

Title
    Thanks
    hye tony, I thought I had put another post up, i had report this topic to be deleted, I got sorted.
    the dish was lined up properly so I knew that it was not possible to loose a sat, but yea combined with having the wrong settings location ins( i set it to 06.300 & 053.300, ah it was down to a couple of software issues also, as with all these things, just scanning in my last sat so I think I'm back to norm. thanks fo the reply

Title
    Thanks
    No bother, but mind your setting is 6.30 W or -6.30 (not +6.30, which is 6.30E though!). It will work with the wrong longitude settings, it's just that your zero position on the motor won't be due south. It's handy for me to set up as the back of my house faces due south exactly.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lennyirl View Post
    hye tony, I thought I had put another post up, i had report this topic to be deleted, I got sorted.
    you did but if we deleted all such threads it would not have helped any one who came across the same problem at a later date, this way users can in future refer to this thread and it may help them in resolving their own issues.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Also, this is not correct if you only have one motor. You have told it that you have a exactly same type of hardware connected to tuner B as you have to tuner A. Receiver now thinks you have two motors.
    for tuner b I have equal to tuner a

Title
    Thanks
    Hi abu, had spotted the issue with the tuner config, but I thought he should get his motor config sorted initially, then we could look at loopthrough - OP needs to get the motor line-up right first. He seems to have it sorted, so we'll probably never know.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    No bother, but mind your setting is 6.30 W or -6.30 (not +6.30, which is 6.30E though!). It will work with the wrong longitude settings, it's just that your zero position on the motor won't be due south. It's handy for me to set up as the back of my house faces due south exactly.
    Hi Tony, the settings I have on my dish are 06.300 WEST & 053.000 North, are these correct? the dish has no problem locating the 3 main sats I am after, 13, 19, 28

Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Also, this is not correct if you only have one motor. You have told it that you have a exactly same type of hardware connected to tuner B as you have to tuner A. Receiver now thinks you have two motors.
    I think I may had my settings for tuner b set to "same as tuner a" and I had read on somewhere here of someone saying that having that setting was wrong as the system thinks it has 2 motors, so that's why I changed it to"equal to" but that name does sound wrong. what option should I have for tuner b? "loop through" is it

Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    Hi abu, had spotted the issue with the tuner config, but I thought he should get his motor config sorted initially, then we could look at loopthrough - OP needs to get the motor line-up right first. He seems to have it sorted, so we'll probably never know.
    are you employing that because I am up and running now that I won't return???
    been more of a reader on this forum to be honest don't really have much help to give to people!

Title
    Thanks
    Not all images support internal loop through, but that is what it should be. Best to try and see. Loop through is better than not using tuner.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lennyirl View Post

are you employing that because I am up and running now that I won't return???
    been more of a reader on this forum to be honest don't really have much help to give to people!
    sadly that is quite common on forums such as this, once a user gets the help they need, they tend not to come back until they again need help, thankfully it is not always the case. and dont fool your self, I bet you have more to contribute than you may think.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Not all images support internal loop through, but that is what it should be. Best to try and see. Loop through is better than not using tuner.
    I am using black hole, the setting I have always used is the "equal to" and I have been able to record a channel while watching another channel no problem(both been on the same satellite though) don't think I'll ever record and watch something on a different sat at the same time... I may try the loopthrough and see if that works,

Title
    Thanks
    Do you have anything connected to second tuner?

Title
    Thanks
    I am not too sure what you mean?
    I have a solo2, tuner a goes to the motor(which then goes to the lnb) and tuner b goes directly to the lnb on the same dish?
    would the option I have be anything to do that I can't seem to rewind live tv? but I can pause it no problem

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    In that case tuner B should be set to "second cable from a motor" or words to that affect.

SIMPLES.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

lennyirl (18-08-14)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast