Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Samsung Galaxy Alpha with a metal-frame unveiled

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts

Samsung Galaxy Alpha with a metal-frame unveiled

As rumored, Samsung has gone ahead and unveiled its new metal-clad phone — the Galaxy Alpha. The handset features “a sophisticated design in a carefully constructed compact body with a metal frame.”

The highlight of the Galaxy Alpha is clearly its design and build quality, as it marks a stark departure from Samsung’s previous offerings that were predominantly built using plastic and had a very poor in hand feel. While Samsung’s new design approach is not radically different from its current design language, the Alpha still looks smarter and sleeker than its current flagship — the Galaxy S5.

]
    The Galaxy Alpha comes with a metallic frame and a soft-touch plastic back, and is less than 7mm thick. The full specs of the handset are below:

• 4.7-inch 720p Super AMOLED display
    • Octa core Exynos chip with four A15 cores clocked at 1.8GHz and four A7 cores running at 1.3GHz
    • 2GB RAM, 32GB internal memory
    • 12MP rear camera, 2.1MP front-facing camera
    • 1860mAh battery
    • LTE Cat. 6 (300Mbps), Dual-band Wi-Fi g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, USB 2.0
    • Fingerprint sensor, Heart-rate sensor
    • Android 4.4.4 KitKat

As evident from above, the Galaxy Alpha is a small powerhouse from Samsung and packs in top-notch specs. It also packs in all the software goodies that we have already seen in other flagship devices from Samsung including Download Booster, Private Mode, S-Health, Ultra Power Saving mode and more.

Samsung states that the Galaxy Alpha will be available at the beginning of September. It will be available in Charcoal Black, Dazzling White, Frosted Gold, Sleek Silver and Scuba Blue colors, depending on the market.[Via Samsung]

Code:
    http://www.androidbeat.com/2014/08/samsung-galaxy-alpha-metal-frame-unveiled/

My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Donnie (16-08-14),Mr. Mister (17-08-14),Sicilian (16-08-14),stick50jr (17-08-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Looks like an iphone 5s just bigger screen, even the power connector looks like the apple lightening connector.

Title
    Thanks
    Its a standard microUSB 2.0 connector

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Now this really does look interesting. This actually might tempt me to lock away my iPhone 5.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quite impressed and miffed at the same time. I just signed a new 2 year contract for the galaxy S5 and they come up with this.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Mmm me thinks ive found my new phone. Due an upgrade soon get me off the s3 had it for 2 years.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Duo
    Vu+ Solo
    Gigablue HD 800 SE

All with latest vix image - Autobouquets - SgtFlipflop 28.2e Picons - WebradioFS

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts
    Note3 best devide on the market at the mo..

Ill just wait on the Note4..