Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Quad LNB question

Ojustaboo

Quad LNB question

Hi all

I have a Quad LNB.

Is this 4 seperate LNB's in one case or are they all linked?

Or to put it another way, if one port goes faulty, should the others work?

My VU duo started breaking up the pic earlier today. Initially I thought something had gone screwey with the image, but reflashing did nothing.

I then went onto the Freesat on my TV, same problem, hence it's the dish or LNB.

Very intermitent, works 100% fine most of the time, but when the VUduo breaks up, so does the freesat on my TV.

The SNR is around 75 - 94% acccording to the Vix image when all is working (depending on the channel). When it breakes up this drops rapidly sometimes to 0.

No bad weather. Have checked the dish, not for allingment, but that everything is firmly in place, everything is securely fixed, no movement. (motorised system) Didn't check for alinement as I'm getting 75 - 94% most of the time when all is working, plus going to other satellites workes fine (still breaks up when problem is present, but when it's not, recieve decent pic). Would have thought if the dish was out of alinment, going say from hotbird to thor would result in one of them not being there, which is not the case?

Any suggestions please?

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    yes a quad is in theory 4 lnb's into 1

look at our sponser and get a nice new inverto lnb
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

3. The Following User Says Thank You to silverfox0786 For This Useful Post:

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Corroding cables.? Moist inside the LNB or connetors..? Old diseqc (corroded inside)? All of these three parameters have caused similar problems for me during the years.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hamram For This Useful Post: