Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Android L improves battery life by 36 percent in tests performed on the Nexus 5

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

Android L improves battery life by 36 percent in tests performed on the Nexus 5

Posted by Abhijeet Mishra on Jul 02, 2014

Out of the many Android L features Google announced at Google I/O, Project Volta stood out as a welcome and overdue new feature. Project Volta is an attempt to boost the battery life of Android devices through various under the hood tweaks, and it looks like it actually does what Google promises, as a test conducted by ArsTechnica saw the Nexus 5 gain almost two extra hours of battery life with Android L, as compared to KitKat.

The battery test involved reloading webpages on a Wi-Fi connection every 15 seconds with the screen on, first on Android 4.4.4 and subsequently on the Android L preview, with all of its battery saving features disabled. The end result was a 36 percent increase in battery life, an impressive improvement over what the Nexus 5 achieved on KitKat, especially when you consider the test was done on a non-final preview version of the OS.

Of course, the gains in battery life because of Project Volta in real-life scenarios might not be as pronounced, but it’s still a good sign of how the changes implemented by Google are making a difference and could fix one of the long-standing inherent weaknesses of Android, especially once app developers get on-board and start making use of everything Project Volta has to offer

Code:
    http://www.androidbeat.com/2014/07/android-l-battery-life-improvements-36-percent-nexus-5-test/

My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

BubbleBalls (05-07-14),pooface (03-07-14)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Moved from an Iphone 4 to a Moto G and have to say that Android has come a long, long way. Without even rooting I can pretty much tweak to my liking, unlike IOS. Newer Iphone models, which have hampered the Jailbreak options, were the main turn off from IOS. Shame, as there were/are some great payable apps/tweaks on Cydia. Contrast from IOS is brilliant and a fraction of the cost. Battery life at the moment is great so a potential bump like this will be even better.