Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: VU Hybrid DVB-T2/T/C Tuner Module for VuPlus Uno Ultimo Duo2 New Model

Title
    Thanks

VU Hybrid DVB-T2/T/C Tuner Module for VuPlus Uno Ultimo Duo2 New Model

Hello Guy`s

I need some advice please on this VU Hybrid DVB-T2/T/C Tuner Module for VuPlus Uno Ultimo Duo2 New Model
    Which I will be installing once delivered.

My setup consists of 3 single tuners all 3 slots in the ultimo have a tuner installed in them.

I am only using slot 1 & 2 with a sly dish at 28e so would I just removed tuner 3 and install the DVB-T2/T/C Tuner to this slot...Then add the VM cable feed and do the usual scan via the Apollo 14 interface I presume adding the ID info into the tuner and interface via rytec EPG ?

Will I be able to record on the cable side of this and watch lets say another cable channel ? or does this require another tuner to be installed also?

Thank for your Feedback.

Best Regards

polosolo

Title
    Thanks
    Hello

If you are trying to get the cable epg, you have to enable it through the settings as I think it is off by default.

I cannot comment on the tuner installation on the ultimo, but I know if you record on one channel you cannot view another, unless you have an additional tuner.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Game2Freak; 02-07-14 at 20:39.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by polosolo View Post
    I am only using slot 1 & 2 with a sly dish at 28e so would I just removed tuner 3 and install the DVB-T2/T/C Tuner to this slot...Then add the VM cable feed and do the usual scan via the Apollo 14 interface
    Yes. Don't forget ABM does cable too.
    Quote Originally Posted by polosolo View Post
    Will I be able to record on the cable side of this and watch lets say another cable channel ? or does this require another tuner to be installed also?
    You are limited owing to frequency of channel being watched. For independent recording, you would need another cable tuner. You can put a twin sat tuner in slot C, and single cable ones in A and B.

Your query reagrding rytec does not make much sense to me. If you are asking how to get EPG data, the answer is as follows:
    1. If you want to use rytec sources, then update your sources and then select Virgin UK or words to that effect. I would not recommend this. Why depend on a third party for epg data when you can get it direct from the braodcaster?
    2. You can use the EPG that is on the stream. In EPG menu, enable Virgin EPG. You can then zap to the PVR_EPG channel and it will populate the data for you. You can automate the zapping by using the EPG refresh plugin.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

bassethound (03-07-14),leonius (09-07-14),polosolo (03-07-14),timofee (03-07-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Cheers abu ...you cleared everything up nicely...

Regarding the cable tuner ...Yes I was planning to install a twin sat in slot C and cable tuners in slot A&B this upgrade will cost in excess of £150 so debating if to sell the ultimo or not ATM ...if I get the tuners.... then I will have 3 single sat tuners doing Jack nothing... gathering dust as I doubt I will sell them for much.
    Wish Vu had developed their new cable tuner for twin use ( like single twin sat 1) as it would have solved everything ....Maybe not possible thou

Thank for your help.

Best Regards.

polosolo
    Last edited by polosolo; 03-07-14 at 16:37.