Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: New Freeview HD channels

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts

New Freeview HD channels

Communications infrastructure and media services company Arqiva is launching two new HD channels – Channel 4 +1 HD and 4seven HD – on UK DTT platform Freeview.

The channels – airing on July 1st – will be available to over 70 per cent of the UK population from Arqiva’s newly-launched Freeview HD multiplex. These new channels are additional HD Freeview services on the new ‘COM7’ multiplex and will join the HD channels we already offer including BBC News HD and Al Jazeera English HD.

Arqiva’s Director of Digital Terrestrial Television, Mike Finchen said the continued roll-out of HD channels onto the Freeview platform provides audiences a richer and higher-quality viewing experience and would continue to provide a major incentive to the uptake of Freeview HD TVs. Keith Underwood, Director of Strategy and Technology at Channel 4, said the broadcaster was pleased to bolster the Freeview HD proposition with the launch of two new HD channels – Channel 4+1 HD and 4seven HD – which joined Channel 4 HD on the platform.

Over one third of Freeview homes are now able to watch many of their TV favourites in HD. Analysts predict that this will increase to over 80 per cent penetration by 2018.

Channel 4 +1 HD will be available on channel number 110 on Freeview and 4seven HD on 111.

Code:
    http://advanced-television.com/2014/06/27/new-freeview-hd-channels/
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

BobbyC (29-06-14),kiwiz (27-06-14),ropu50 (06-07-14),Sicilian (27-06-14)

thisntaht
    I wonder will these new HD channels be available on Freesat too?

Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    Communications infrastructure and media services company Arqiva is launching two new HD channels – Channel 4 +1 HD and 4seven HD – on UK DTT platform Freeview.

The channels – airing on July 1st – will be available to over 70 per cent of the UK population from Arqiva’s newly-launched Freeview HD multiplex. These new channels are additional HD Freeview services on the new ‘COM7’ multiplex and will join the HD channels we already offer including BBC News HD and Al Jazeera English HD.

Arqiva’s Director of Digital Terrestrial Television, Mike Finchen said the continued roll-out of HD channels onto the Freeview platform provides audiences a richer and higher-quality viewing experience and would continue to provide a major incentive to the uptake of Freeview HD TVs. Keith Underwood, Director of Strategy and Technology at Channel 4, said the broadcaster was pleased to bolster the Freeview HD proposition with the launch of two new HD channels – Channel 4+1 HD and 4seven HD – which joined Channel 4 HD on the platform.

Over one third of Freeview homes are now able to watch many of their TV favourites in HD. Analysts predict that this will increase to over 80 per cent penetration by 2018.

Channel 4 +1 HD will be available on channel number 110 on Freeview and 4seven HD on 111.

Code:
    http://advanced-television.com/2014/06/27/new-freeview-hd-channels/

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    No idea but I would imagine so.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Probably not.
    If they do go on SAT will probably be scrambled like E4 HD and More4HD, Channel 5HD and ITV2,3,4 HD.

Quote Originally Posted by thisntaht View Post
    I wonder will these new HD channels be available on Freesat too?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,349 Posts
    they are free, they cannot scramble them can they?
    Vu Ultimo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-c, 8xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-t2
    Vu Solo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-s2
    Dreambox DM900, OpenViX 5.0, 2xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-c/t2
    Terrestrial, Cable, Fixed 28.2e + Unicable2 LNB

thisntaht
    AFAIK those channels you mention are only scrambled because they are contracted to sky but CH4+1 HD and 4seven HD are new channels, they are currently not available anywhere (on any platform) in HD and are not contracted to sky or anyone else so hopefully they will become available on freesat along with freeview (Fingers crossed)

Quote Originally Posted by dfdream View Post
    Probably not.
    If they do go on SAT will probably be scrambled like E4 HD and More4HD, Channel 5HD and ITV2,3,4 HD.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Dave is available on freeview but not freesat... Given that freesat is a joint ITV BBC venture maybe not, remember it took CH4 HD ages to show up on freesat.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    One of the reasons why some channels were not on sat as FTA (not FTV) is that they can be received out of the target audience range. Let's hope that the tight spot beam affects matters when contracts come up again.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Does that make sense if the SD version is FTA but HD version is FTV (Itv234, channel5 etc). Surely restrictions in content would cover SD and HD.

Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    One of the reasons why some channels were not on sat as FTA (not FTV) is that they can be received out of the target audience range. Let's hope that the tight spot beam affects matters when contracts come up again.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I agree it's usually exclusive deals, the bbc can't offer exclusive deals for its channels because of its liscence terms, I remember film4hd was exclusive to VM for ages because VM actually setup and funded the venture, which then lead to sky subsidising itv 2 3 4 hd etc, maybe freeview have arranged and funded or discounted the muxes for a limited period of exclusivity.