Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: BoxNation and Fighting Spirit agree to Kickboxing and MMA Coverage

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts

BoxNation and Fighting Spirit agree to Kickboxing and MMA Coverage

BoxNation will be showing the world championship kickboxing event ‘Enfusion Live: Edition 19’, featuring England’s heavyweight world champion Daniel Sam, live and exclusive on June 29th in London.

The venture into the wider world of combat sports comes as an addition to the channel’s world class and unrivalled boxing coverage, which ‘The Channel of Champions’ will continue to deliver to its dedicated subscribers.

However, the agreement with Fighting Spirit – an international leader in the distribution of combat sports television – will see BoxNation widen its horizons as it airs the much anticipated event taking place at The Troxy in London.

The evening will see a host of top class action led by heavyweight hitter and reigning world champion Sam who defends his title against Morocco’s skilled 23-year-old Ismael Lazaar.

Londoner Sam, known as ‘The Warrior’, has earned an enviable reputation as a hard-hitting puncher who is able to deliver flying knees and devastating low kicks that has seen him earn a record of 25 wins in his 35 fights.

Lazaar, though, is the younger man compared to the 32-year-old Sam, and has faced and beaten some formidable names in the likes of The Netherlands Rick van Soest, so has shown he is ready for his shot at the big time.

Further world title action on the night will see the experienced reigning -90kg Champion Wendell Roche – who holds the unparalleled record as being the only man to ever defeat kickboxing great Ginty Vrede – put his 90kg belt up for grabs when he battles the incredibly talented Andrew Tate – born is the USA and raised in England – who is more used to fighting in lighter categories and thus delivers fast paced action in the ring.

Ireland’s Chris Cooper faces Adam Hart from England at 95kg in a tremendous grudge fight after Cooper TKO’ed Hart back in December 2013, with ladies action set when the tough Grace Spicer challenges Ferial Ameeroedien of South Africa, with many more enthralling bouts also taking place.

‘Enfusion Live’ is the live format of the world renowned brand Enfusion which started in 2008 with a reality television show, expanding internationally four years later due to its success.

As of 2014, Enfusion produces live world championships, a yearly edition reality television show, and a development league ‘Fighting Rookies’.

‘Enfusion Live’ takes place 12 times a year and travels around Europe promoting premium live events.

“I am very excited to bring Enfusion Live and Fighting Spirit MMA on UK television,” said Sacha Puyssegur, Head of Programs Sales at Fighting Spirit. “The UK is such a great place for combat sports! The country has an endless pool of talented fighters and we are proud to be able to showcase them to their compatriots thanks to our starting relationship with BoxNation.”

Jim McMunn, Managing Director at BoxNation, said: “We are delighted to bring Enfusion Live to our viewers. Boxing will always be at the heart of who we are but when the opportunity arrives to deliver additional top class sporting events then we will take it, and it can only enhance the schedule for our customers.”

Code:
    http://advanced-television.com/2014/06/10/boxnation-and-fighting-spirit-agree-to-kickboxing-and-mma-coverage/
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (10-06-14)