Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD go live on Sky

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts

ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD go live on Sky

ITV has today launched high definition versions of ITV3 and ITV4 exclusively on Sky, following the recent launch of ITV2 HD on the satellite platform.

From 5pm, ITV3 HD will start broadcasting at channel 226 on Sky's electronic programming guide, while ITV4 HD will be available at position 227.

The channels will broadcast a range of programmes in native high definition. The rest of their schedules will be upscaled to the higher picture quality.

ITV4's native HD schedule will include races from the Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship, after ITV recently extended its rights deal to the sport.

The two channels follow the launch of ITV2 HD last month at position 225 on Sky's programming guide. The exclusive channels are part of ITV's new pay-TV strategy.

Announcing the strategy in August, ITV chief executive Adam Crozier said: "Building new revenue streams by exploiting our content across multiple platforms is a key part of the ITV transformation plan.

"Pay television has seen continual growth over the last decade and this deal is a great example of how a new, subscription-based launch, can complement ITV's existing free-to-air channels."

Sky's chief operating officer Mike Darcey added: "The subscription model best rewards those committing to HD and continues to drive its growth.

"We therefore welcome ITV's move to embrace pay-TV to satisfy the demands of millions who now regard anything less than HD as a compromise."
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bassethound For This Useful Post:

notanotherone (17-11-10),Sicilian (17-11-10)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    lol i was just going to post the exact same article my self. you beat me to it by a mere few seconds.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

bassethound (17-11-10)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    o m g i was just adding them on my bouquets and then just came on right now to post a thread you nutters
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

6. The Following User Says Thank You to silverfox0786 For This Useful Post:

bassethound (17-11-10)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    LOL great minds EH.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

silverfox0786 (16-11-10)

Title
    Thanks
    Sure is mate great minds think alike. infact i just fixed all the radi channels and will soon be trying my hand at fixing the box office i was thinking of posting a pure sky bouquets to go along side my picon updates as that now is sort of due cause of the changes.

oh and phoenix just saw your channel update post today there is conflicting news from kingof sat and other places disha claims to be removed but still shows as a TP yet the pic is blank but not lost [it does not say SID NOT FOUND IN PAT] i'm guessing its the channel is down rather than left can you confirm this. its also same for the one below it Star gold but thats scrambled.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfox0786 View Post
    Sure is mate great minds think alike. infact i just fixed all the radi channels and will soon be trying my hand at fixing the box office i was thinking of posting a pure sky bouquets to go along side my picon updates as that now is sort of due cause of the changes.

oh and phoenix just saw your channel update post today there is conflicting news from kingof sat and other places disha claims to be removed but still shows as a TP yet the pic is blank but not lost [it does not say SID NOT FOUND IN PAT] i'm guessing its the channel is down rather than left can you confirm this. its also same for the one below it Star gold but thats scrambled.
    i'm at work at the moment so i dont have access to my SKY DODGY BOX. but iv'e not seen any thing about disha or star gold yet, but like i said in another thread, these sites like the rest of our hobby rely on user submitted data and at times can be wrong or just awaiting someone to submit the changes.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    i'm at work at the moment so i dont have access to my SKY DODGY BOX. but iv'e not seen any thing about disha or star gold yet, but like i said in another thread, these sites like the rest of our hobby rely on user submitted data and at times can be wrong or just awaiting someone to submit the changes.
    yes i just saw that thread and added my 2 bits worth and yes your right gonna wait for my wife to go to bed then go down and have a look at my sly box chanel line up as others not mentioned in your list have updated not frequencies just renamed which i have updated on my bouquets and will be posting as soon as done

Title
    Thanks
    Lovely more hd channels, got so used to hd gets to me when i have to watch a program on sd