Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Apollo 003 released

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    what is ABM thanx
    AutoBouquetsMaker it basically lets you automate the process if building and maintiining your channel list for sky uk and some other providers.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    I'm new to all this. Haven't been able to update for over a month. I've tried to download apollo 003 but still can't get updates. Unsure if I've done something wrong.

Title
    Thanks
    Thankd bud, I'll try again.

Title
    Thanks
    Flashed and all working great on my duo2 and solo2. It also cured a browse network neighbourhood issue on my duo2!

Ojustaboo
    Probably a stupid question.

Does backing up my settings back up all the settings menu stuff I've customised? EPG stuff, button fast forward times etc?

I know I need to check ABM

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ojustaboo View Post
    Probably a stupid question.

Does backing up my settings back up all the settings menu stuff I've customised? EPG stuff, button fast forward times etc?

I know I need to check ABM
    yes and you also have the option to customise the backup further by pressing the menu button which will allow you to select files and folders you wish to be added to the backup.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    the work of the programmers who write the code is very much appreciated, but given the number and frequency of releases recently along with other images bricking the receivers i do feel that it would re-assure users if an overview of the changes were given. i dont wish to sound ungrateful for the hard work that goes in to these images but i think users would like to know

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    All changes are and have always been available in the changelogs and on this forum.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Agree with lfc84 regarding some sort of "version changes release notice" so we know if it's worth going from Zeus to Helios to Apollo etc etc. On Apollo 3, the online upgrade does power my VU+ box off before committing the new image. So as previous posts do say either reflash and re-configure or restore a Backup taken just before upgrade. ALL settings are restore except the CONTENT of some plugin's - settings are there so just need to do rescans to re-populate the data.
    Any any mods you have made to root dir (/) - just noticed ~root is at /home/root so ignore that bit. Will update /home/root in future rather than /.

Title
    Thanks
    None of the backups I made in Apollo 001 could be restored to any version of ViX. Not even to Apollo 001 itself. It just said the backup version isn't compatible. Luckily, I had an old Helios backup as well. Could restore most of my settings.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Just saw reply re change logs - I use those when on the box and upgrading between versions but you don't get those when the build name changes and a new flash is required to "Greek God"-001. Or am I missing a source of info somewhere? Thanks.

Title
    Thanks
    for the restore I opened a new topic.I have the same problem.I could restore from old zeus backup.The box mantioned in INFO that apollo 003 was installed .Afterwords I got a flashing ball to upgrade and box didit and restarted well.
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

Title
    Thanks
    my solo2 will not take flash from usb what am I doing wrong

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lfc84 View Post
    the work of the programmers who write the code is very much appreciated, but given the number and frequency of releases recently along with other images bricking the receivers i do feel that it would re-assure users if an overview of the changes were given. i dont wish to sound ungrateful for the hard work that goes in to these images but i think users would like to know
    As rob says we have always provided users with a full set of changelogs for our images, which is something even Pli dont do. as for receivers being bricked, I'm assuming you are refering to the recent "clone bomb" incident ?, and if so we had absolutely nothing what so ever to do with that.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Both of my solo2 boxes updated & restored from apollo 001 without any problems in under 20 mins

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast