Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Duo2 Forgetting HDD

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Duo2 Forgetting HDD

Hi Chaps,

I have a duo2 running helios build 17

Yesterday I Installed a HDD(WDC WD10 1TB) and all went well apparently, but I have noticed that when the unit Is powered down or engima gui Is restarted then It forgets to mount It and I have to do It again.

It Is mounted as device: /dev/sda1 and mounted as /media/hdd which I believe to be correct.

I have a usb stick mounted as /media/sdb1 and have no problems with that being mounted every time.

Thanks In advance for any help you can provide me with.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    did you save your settings - Menu/Setup/vix/Mount Manager/Setup Mounts (green button)/save
    Last edited by nsw9154; 23-05-14 at 18:07.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes I do save the settings and at that point It asks for a reboot, If i reboot then the hdd Is not mounted but If I dont reboot then It is and working till the next reboot

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Have you intialised the HDD? Menu > Setup > System > Storage Devices > Select your HDD and initialize it.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I had the same problem with that exact same hdd. Turned out I had setup a network mount to use as hdd on another box.

If you have any network mount check you haven't set any up to use as hdd

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Duo
    Vu+ Solo
    Gigablue HD 800 SE

All with latest vix image - Autobouquets - SgtFlipflop 28.2e Picons - WebradioFS

6. The Following User Says Thank You to s1m0nw For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (25-05-14)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by s1m0nw View Post
    I had the same problem with that exact same hdd. Turned out I had setup a network mount to use as hdd on another box.

If you have any network mount check you haven't set any up to use as hdd

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Spot on and issue resolved, thanks very much

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kev1372003 For This Useful Post:

harryoz (24-07-14),s1m0nw (25-05-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Hey guys i was using a vu solo with an 2tb external hdd (ntfs) for recording tv and for storing movies of my computer. I just got a new receiver LX3 and i'm trying to use the same external hdd but it won't mount. Using mount manager it says mount failed, when i try to view old files be pressing media all i get is empty directories. I can not view old recorded movies, or record new content, i have not initialised the drive as i don't want to lose my recorded show/movies. Can it be mounted without wiping it and how?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    It's quite possible the Goldenstar doesn't support ntfs, you should have been using ext 3 or 4, if the drive truly is ntfs you can back your movies up via a PC.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Strangely enough I had the same problem with my LX3
    when I had my Solo2 I had an External 1TB Hard Drive formatted as Ext 4 but when I tried to use it in my LX3 it did not recognise the Drive
    Plugged it in to my Duo2 and it works perfectly it's a shame really as I have a 3TB Internal Drive fitted in my Duo2 so I rarely use it I might transfer all the files from it to the Duo 2 and try it as a Dedicated External drive for the LX3

Now that's a strange thing I just decided to try it again but only plugged it in to the Front usb socket on the LX3 and it is now working

External HD.jpg
    Last edited by nsw9154; 24-07-14 at 12:03.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to nsw9154 For This Useful Post:

thebigdog1985 (25-07-14)

Title
    Thanks
    I have tried plugging it into all the usb ports but the ntfs is still not recognised, i really don't want to format it because there is 1.5tb of files on it and i have no where to store them. Would this be a vix image problem? i had no problem mounting it on my vu solo vti image. Would flashing a different image work? has anyone had any success with different images like open atv, or egami?