Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: vu solo red light permanently on

Title
    Thanks

vu solo red light permanently on

hi guys have an original vu solo, with vix zeus installed, worked fine for a good few weeks, then cradhed on a tsmedia stream, box rebooted, greenscreen, then same again and so on.

after much reading i've come to conclusion vu is original, no v2 or v3 sticker underneath and no sticker saying to download only from here or there.

permanent red light, no usb recognised, not lighting up or flashing, run vu utils , gets to 20 percent, and says restart box, which is basicly an unplug and plugin at the mains, red light stays on.

can't ftp into box, either so no way off getting ip address, i'm guessing on ip as using same cable that feeds tm2t0e , and using that ip for vu.

i think its bricked, is there anuy other way to recover a vu solo original? thanks for any help

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    there is a reset button on rear saves you plugging in and unplugging,maybe disconnect everything and usb for 20 mins then connect up again and leave usb removed.
    might work or if original should reflash using a different usb as vu are fussy feckers with stick.
    did box die yesterday or before? those boxes were clones

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cactikid For This Useful Post:

dishman65 (21-04-14)

Title
    Thanks
    later solo clones - sep 2013 onwards no sticker or serial cable supplied , so still could be a clone unless bought from rep dealer like sponsors.

other forums have posted some solo clones going down with the same issue as the solo2 clones, which is exact same symptoms you describe

in addition ... the clones were taking original images not patched images so no give away there from menus to what you may have

5. The Following User Says Thank You to stevejd2001 For This Useful Post:

dishman65 (21-04-14)

Title
    Thanks
    thanks reset button not working, red light staying on if you press and release hence me unplugging. this was bought roundabout dec 2013 time, came with rs232 cable, has run ok, for 4 months, if its a clone then maybe its bricked, theres no giveaway signs, and i have had original images running on this openpli4, vix zeus, and black hole, i did try connecting with putty, nothing, and trying the clone fix off the internet, but because that never even looked like working i suspected i had original, thanks for replies

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dishman65 View Post
    came with rs232 cable,
    Definitely a clone
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information here on my posts are hypothetical in nature, out of curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Use of the collective descriptions and knowledge from any of my posts are at YOUR discretion
    I am not responsible for what you do with it

Want to know about cardsharing see Here

Want clone support see Here

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

If you have had a problem that you started a thread about and found your own solution please post back to let everyone know how you solved it

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dishman65 View Post
    thanks reset button not working, red light staying on if you press and release hence me unplugging. this was bought roundabout dec 2013 time, came with rs232 cable, has run ok, for 4 months, if its a clone then maybe its bricked, theres no giveaway signs, and i have had original images running on this openpli4, vix zeus, and black hole, i did try connecting with putty, nothing, and trying the clone fix off the internet, but because that never even looked like working i suspected i had original, thanks for replies
    unfortunately rs232 cable = defo clone = doorstop at present