Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vix 1.2 image. cccam ?

jjp2701

vix 1.2 image. cccam ?

how and where do i install cccam too please

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Have you tried every available image today?

Menu > Plugins > Green button

Then menu > Setup > Softcam
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

bassethound (12-11-10)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    Download via plugins under cams restart gui then add your CCcam.cfg via ftp to "etc folder then menu/setup/softcam ci/softcam setup select which cccam you have installed and activate it then select autostart DONE!!!!!!!
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bassethound For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (12-11-10)

jjp2701
    sicillian , yeh i have tried all nearly images today, alot of them are a ball ache, the pod image is a nightmare, blackhole wouldnt let me install cccam, so gone back to vix image, but for sd pic blackhole is far the best pic quality, vix has a grainy look on sd pics, but got vix running now, but just installed vhannables settings and 16e wont work now, having probs with thas sat, and before on other images i was getting this, any ideas sic the man

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    What are the video enhancement settings of the Blackhole image as default?

Both images have the same base, prob just a tweak in settings to match.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

jjp2701
    yeh as default and all i did was install auto resolution, on blackhole and had them as default,and done the same on the vix image, but on the vix i have alot more freezes than the blackhole too,

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hmmm
    well mate! i've had linux boxes for many years, used a whole mass of different images, picture quality on all of them has been much of a muchness, i have never used the resolution setup on any of them, and things look ok to me, when the bit rate is decent so is the PQ and on HD it can look superb, on the other hand when the bit rate is low SD pictures do look grainy, clouded, etc, this has nothing to do with the image.

bottom line is i now use the VIX image there's nothing in it or on it, that is anything worse than any other image, in actual fact i'd go as far to say it's amongst the best, pictures when the output is good are excellent, i use a plasma display and have and no problems whatsoever with Picture Resolution, and as i say i dont engage the setup.

i hope this help in some way.

regards: canthackit
    Last edited by canthackit; 12-11-10 at 18:40.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to canthackit For This Useful Post:

bassethound (12-11-10)

jjp2701
    i have a panasonic 42 inch plasma canthackit m8 and another few people on other forums have said images do make the difference, the vix first image when it came out was spot on, but had a few niggles that was annoying, but pic wise it was spot on, now as we go further into later images it has gone worse on sd pics, now it is not just this image, alot of the other images are the same, blackhole for some reason, is really sharp on pics, i dont know about pod images, because i hit a wall on that image, pli was ok, but kept green screening, and vti was green screening alot too, now on the latest vix image i cant seem to get 16e, i dont know why i still havent solved it yet ?

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi mate

When it comes to picture quality on sd or hd its only as good as what it was shot in, if your looking at ukgold for instant the pq in sd is bad due to the age of the content its showing, I have always found new studio produced shows in hd to be sharp and bright by all means play with the vu or tv settings but when u zap from channel to channel your always be taking that second look. I must admit i try to steer away from watching sd channels lately because of the poor quality.

regards
    satmanbasil

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satmanbasil View Post
    Hi mate

When it comes to picture quality on sd or hd its only as good as what it was shot in, if your looking at ukgold for instant the pq in sd is bad due to the age of the content its showing, I have always found new studio produced shows in hd to be sharp and bright by all means play with the vu or tv settings but when u zap from channel to channel your always be taking that second look. I must admit i try to steer away from watching sd channels lately because of the poor quality.

regards
    satmanbasil
    agreed, bear in mind also that even things transmitted on hd channels can just be upscaled sd .eg bbc hd 1

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by satmanbasil View Post
    Hi mate

regards
    satmanbasil
    Actually, it's not necessarily that PQ that it was shot in. You might find that the fact they're broadcasting it at really low bitrates is the problem...
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    RE the problem with 16E your settings are probably for 16E and you sat.xml is for 15.8E

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jjp2701 View Post
    sicillian , yeh i have tried all nearly images today, alot of them are a ball ache, the pod image is a nightmare, blackhole wouldnt let me install cccam, so gone back to vix image, but for sd pic blackhole is far the best pic quality, vix has a grainy look on sd pics, but got vix running now, but just installed vhannables settings and 16e wont work now, having probs with thas sat, and before on other images i was getting this, any ideas sic the man
    I like trying new images even when I have one thats working fine. If you want to try the BH image again then copy the CCcam full and install as BH package. The rest is same as before when it comes CCcam.cfg file etc.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Curious123 View Post
    I like trying new images even when I have one thats working fine. If you want to try the BH image again then copy the CCcam full and install as BH package. The rest is same as before when it comes CCcam.cfg file etc.
    upon testing this i found it to not work cccam 2.14 shows but does no read the cfg file and cccaminfo 1.3c fails to read the data
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    Thanks
    I am actually running the BH 1.39c and using the CCcam 2.14, I copied my CCcam.cfg file across and its running as well as the Vix image I was running previously. I have to add that I am only running my VU+ only as client so I cannot comment on the CCcaminfo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast