Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 30 day password change

Title
    Thanks

30 day password change

Guys,

Can you please turn this annoying "feature" off? It's a pain in the backside changing the password every 30 days - especially as all my passwords are auto-filled by the browser. It's hard enough keeping track of all my passwords as it is without the additional "benefit" of having to change it.

Off-putting enough for me to not visit the forum as often as I'd like to.

Thanks
    CJ
    Penta 85cm dish (70.5E <> 15W) == Vu+ Uno // Fibo Gregorian 1.2m dish (37.5W <> 42E) == Dr. HD F15

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to captain jack For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

ABARKIE (22-03-14),BobbyC (24-05-14),drx360 (22-03-14),gsandhu (24-05-14),ja5 (21-03-14),munky (27-05-14),outrage_uk (09-01-15),robti (21-03-14),timofee (23-05-14),Walt (25-09-14),zoro25 (23-05-14)

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    This is necessary and will not change - by way of explanantion though it was brought in after a team members account was hacked some time ago
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information here on my posts are hypothetical in nature, out of curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Use of the collective descriptions and knowledge from any of my posts are at YOUR discretion
    I am not responsible for what you do with it

Want to know about cardsharing see Here

Want clone support see Here

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

If you have had a problem that you started a thread about and found your own solution please post back to let everyone know how you solved it

Title
    Thanks
    You can enter the old one as new password though (thats what i do every time i am directed to change )
    [COLOR="#0000FF"]Octagon sf8008 single/COLOR] 1.5m motorized dish 95E-30W

5. The Following User Says Thank You to girginoz For This Useful Post:

huey45 (24-05-14)

kingy29
    Since the last reminder to update my P/W I have problems logging in the board will not accept my P/W even though it is correct.
    I am directed to the splash screen as I have entered the wrong P/W I then enter my P/W and it is accepted.
    When I log in again I have to go through the same process again a total pain

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kingy29 For This Useful Post:

Walt (25-09-14)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by captain jack View Post
    Guys,

Can you please turn this annoying "feature" off? It's a pain in the backside changing the password every 30 days - especially as all my passwords are auto-filled by the browser. It's hard enough keeping track of all my passwords as it is without the additional "benefit" of having to change it.

Off-putting enough for me to not visit the forum as often as I'd like to.

Thanks
    CJ
    we had a similar thread when it was first introduced. In my humble opinion the hassle of having to change my password every 30 days is massively out ways the wealth of knowledge and experience this forum posses.

i myself rotate 2 similar passwords so i don't forget them...
    TM-Twin*1TB HD*VIX Helios*ABM*CrossEPG*OnDemand*Blue HD 3

TM-Nano*VIX Helios*ABM*CrossEPG*OnDemand*Blue HD 3

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by josh_g View Post
    we had a similar thread when it was first introduced. In my humble opinion the hassle of having to change my password every 30 days is massively out ways the wealth of knowledge and experience this forum posses.

i myself rotate 2 similar passwords so i don't forget them...
    That's what i do as a rule i have 3 that i will never forget, most of the time that i rotate lol

off the subject josh did you get that Hard Drive working

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nsw9154 View Post
    That's what i do as a rule i have 3 that i will never forget, most of the time that i rotate lol

off the subject josh did you get that Hard Drive working
    Nope tried that program you recommended tried various other linux based driver extensions and programs and the dam things just wont be detected by the PC, its a pain as my PC is on the brink of being full!!

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    that's a shame mate it worked perfectly for the Tivo HD that i had as windows would not recognise it until i used that program

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    i know.. i spent a few hours messing about and gave up!

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i have the same problem with a 1 TB drive my power supply blew up and fried it and nothing will revive it

Title
    Thanks
    Most user just change password to a temp one and then immediately and change it back the normal one.
    There is no security gained here.
    Use something like 2 factor auth if you want real security or give a notice to all admins and mods that they have to change passwords but for users it's just a not needed inconvenience.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to zoro25 For This Useful Post:

Walt (25-09-14)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zoro25 View Post
    if you want real security or give a notice to all admins and mods that they have to change passwords but for users it's just a not needed inconvenience.
    We all go through the same pain, but it's worth it.
    Discussion brought up many times. Less spam posts, less CS posts, less clone fools looking for support.
    A slight inconvenience is worth more than the above pains to provide propper support.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

josh_g (24-05-14),zoro25 (24-05-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    We all go through the same pain, but it's worth it.
    Discussion brought up many times. Less spam posts, less CS posts, less clone fools looking for support.
    A slight inconvenience is worth more than the above pains to provide propper support.
    A bit nasty to call clone users "fools" My first box was clone 800se, where I was assisted on other forums. The box is still going strong without fault for 3 - 4 years now, unlike the junky Venton HD2 sourced from sponsor which has been nothing but trouble from the start. My Vu Duo, also from sponsor is flawless, but not any better than my clone.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skronk View Post
    A bit nasty to call clone users "fools" My first box was clone 800se, where I was assisted on other forums. The box is still going strong without fault for 3 - 4 years now, unlike the junky Venton HD2 sourced from sponsor which has been nothing but trouble from the start. My Vu Duo, also from sponsor is flawless, but not any better than my clone.

we choose NOT to support clones or their users here, which is our rite, so end of discussion.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    we choose NOT to support clones or their users here, which is our rite, so end of discussion.
    With respect pheonix,

I merely stated the fact that a clone buyer or user is not automatically "a fool"

Perhaps financial circumstances dictate such a purchase. You will note at no time did I suggest support for clones. Clone users will, no doubt, be well aware where to get that.

Regards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast