Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Xtrend 9200 not working, blue light flashing - repair needed in the UK ideally

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    there have been several posts on this forum with successful repairs

Try
    Xtrend DIstribution
    COMAG Handels AG
    Zillenhardtstrasse 41
    73037 Göppingen
    Germany

comag-ag.de
    TWOL is spot on, i have to send mine to Comag-AG - they replaced the security board and it lasted a couple of days and then stared to do the same. I had to send it back to Germany again. They replaced the main board as well for a 9200. Their service is very good.
    Is definitely the most misspelled word on the internet?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi Rimmel

How much did this cost if you don't mind me asking? I have a deadish 9100 which I might send.

shaft.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I'm aware that this is an old thread..but I'm responding anyways with my 2 pence...I had EXACTLY the same symptoms...no LED display, switching on and off causes the power led to blink a few times and then nothing happens. I opened the box to disconnect my internal hard drive. Tried again and the same results..then I observed that a capacitor on the power supply board had blown (clearly bulged out. Its a 4700uf 10v yellow colored radial capacitor with 10000h service life (Samyoung NXH10VB4700M). I have ordered a similar spec capacitor on ebay and will try to replace it myself and report back with the results.

If it works, it may be useful info for other users who face this issue. I've had my ET9000 for over 2.5 years now and given the capacitor has a service life of 10,000 hours i.e. 417 days i.e. 1.5yrs, I'm sure somebody else will soon run into this same issue

It seems fairly easy to replace and should solve the problem...but I can't say for sure till I actually fix it...

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kunmun23 For This Useful Post:

cupra.john (03-11-15),machare (25-04-15),MrKappa (19-08-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kunmun23 View Post
    I'm aware that this is an old thread..but I'm responding anyways with my 2 pence...I had EXACTLY the same symptoms...no LED display, switching on and off causes the power led to blink a few times and then nothing happens. I opened the box to disconnect my internal hard drive. Tried again and the same results..then I observed that a capacitor on the power supply board had blown (clearly bulged out. Its a 4700uf 10v yellow colored radial capacitor with 10000h service life (Samyoung NXH10VB4700M). I have ordered a similar spec capacitor on ebay and will try to replace it myself and report back with the results.

If it works, it may be useful info for other users who face this issue. I've had my ET9000 for over 2.5 years now and given the capacitor has a service life of 10,000 hours i.e. 417 days i.e. 1.5yrs, I'm sure somebody else will soon run into this same issue

It seems fairly easy to replace and should solve the problem...but I can't say for sure till I actually fix it...
    It should help. It did in my case.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adrian_ For This Useful Post:

kunmun23 (14-11-14),machare (25-04-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian_ View Post
    It should help. It did in my case.
    It did indeed...got the 2 quid capacitor from eBay. Replaced it and all working well now !!

Title
    Thanks
    Hi

I am jumping on this thread to try to resolve my issue with my Clarke tech ET9000

I have the same problem after the box was unused for 6 months, power button flashes 6 times, no display but i can hear the hard drive start up.

I have tried everything suggested on this thread including changing a capacitor

Anyone got a contact address for sending this unit too as i fear the battery is at fault.

I am in the uk

regards

Mark

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    As far s I am aware this is still valid...

Try
    Xtrend DIstribution
    COMAG Handels AG
    Zillenhardtstrasse 41
    73037 Göppingen
    Germany

comag-ag.de
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kunmun23 View Post

So where you also successful? Did you ever check the PSU output voltages? I have got as far as finding the bulging capacitor.
    Last edited by machare; 23-04-15 at 00:32.

Title
    Thanks

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to machare For This Useful Post:

cupra.john (03-11-15),MrKappa (19-08-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have to report exactly the same experience in these days. I just replaced the guilty capacitor for 70 cents and now my ET9000 is starting again. Many thanks for sharing your experience!!!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi guys
    I too had a similar situation with my old 9000. It is in the loft these days but I might have a go at repairing it.
    Will it be obvious which capacitor has blown? I'm not too bad with a soldering iron but I'm not sure if I will be able to spot the offending capacitor!
    Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.
    shaft.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shaft View Post
    Hi guys
    I too had a similar situation with my old 9000. It is in the loft these days but I might have a go at repairing it.
    Will it be obvious which capacitor has blown? I'm not too bad with a soldering iron but I'm not sure if I will be able to spot the offending capacitor!
    Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.
    shaft.
    To follow the recommendation from other users in this thread the yellow capacitor on the pictures few post before is the guilty (4700uf 10v yellow colored radial capacitor). If you don't find the same capacitor you can go with another with same capacity but higher tension. Just go with it if your case has to do with the power supply unit.
    In other cases we have problems with the "security board" which is part of the mother board but this can be only solved in the repair center which has the original part to replace. So it make sense to try the capacitor replacement first before considering worst case scenario.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrKappa For This Useful Post:

shaft (20-08-15)

Title
    Thanks
    mine went last night thanks for the info

Title
    Thanks
    quick and cheap fix mines now working, best best pound I have ever spent (2 for a pound ) Thanks for the very informative post.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    My ET9000 just went down (6 flashing blue LED), replaced the mentioned capacitor with a 4700uf 16v 105 degree version from maplins (£1.09). It fired right back up first time.

Thanks, saved me a few quid.
    Is definitely the most misspelled word on the internet?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Rimmel For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (20-01-16)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast