Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: question about updating channel list via panel

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

question about updating channel list via panel

hi all i wonder if you help to my dumb question

i used catseyes 75w to 45 w

and as we know mgm went about 2 weeks .

if i go on my solo 2:
    menu > setup > software update > (wait) pick number 4, update channel list only. it says updated, reboot box, yet mgm channel is still there and a few old ones that have moved

any ideas?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    54 views and no one?

today on catseyes i see itv hd london says sid not in pat? but there is a signal? but not working

i tried the abm and working ok

so i removed his plugin, rebooted, re added and same

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ITV 1HD also stopped working for me today. SD version works fine (in FTA bouquet).

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by river-rat View Post
    hi all i wonder if you help to my dumb question
    i used catseyes 75w to 45 w
    and as we know mgm went about 2 weeks .
    if i go on my solo 2:
    menu > setup > software update > (wait) pick number 4, update channel list only. it says updated, reboot box, yet mgm channel is still there and a few old ones that have moved
    any ideas?
    When you update, it will use the channel lists on the image server. If that is not up to date, then you wont get updates. However, the offical website for Catseye's settings has last update as 15/12/2013. All his work is free, so I am sure that he will update when he is able to.
    _http://catseyesettings.com/

Until Catseye updates his, You may wish to use Vahnnibal's one as his are updated regularly. I download from his server directly. He gets ad revenue from it.
    _vhannibal.net. I delete the 28.2 channels/bouquets and rearrange before transferring to receiver. The 28.2 ones are maintained by AutoBouquets.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    The thing about using bouquet packs is that you are at the mercy of the author to update and maintain his work, for catseye this is usually once per month, so you either have to wait for him to update his work or do it your self.

as for the versions on the ViX server, rob updates these, they are usually upto date inline with the latest versions as released by their authors.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    is their a TV list built in to vix i think i read somewhere that it updates automatically but i could be wrong
    i have read so much stuff about the solo2 in the last 5 days that my brain is getting frazzled
    i mainly just want something to get me started so i can find TV channels until i get to know my solo2 it should arrive today

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    The thing about using bouquet packs is that you are at the mercy of the author to update and maintain his work, for catseye this is usually once per month, so you either have to wait for him to update his work or do it your self.

as for the versions on the ViX server, rob updates these, they are usually upto date inline with the latest versions as released by their authors.
    totally agree that he has to do it in free time and glad he does it as i watch uk and my gf polsat and sky it

someone posted here that u can update via the .sh file? but that didnt work as well

if you go to http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...58-West/page13

his last update was Catseye E2 Settings File (All SATS) 15.02.2014

so why is this not being updated via the panel?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    by the way i downloaded that 2 week old file and itv hd london works name change to sky oscars and mgm gone

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    All plugins on the feeds (including settings) are only build/updated when a new image is being build.
    In other words: as long as no new build is out, updated plugins are not on the feeds.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    cheers dude for the reply

shame a simple, update channel list only, does`nt do what it says on the tin

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    so updated to zeus

guess what, installed cats eye and dave hd, baby tv and a few others not there and straight away gave me a update on zeus

so not sure how the feeds work on the software update, but nothing there guys for update

again was sorted by going to http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...58-West/page14 and not a channel update only from the box