Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Bouquets (Channel Lists) Questions

Title
    Thanks

Bouquets (Channel Lists) Questions

hey guys i use my own custom list of Bouquets based on sgtflipflop bouquets list. i just rearranged the channels the way i like them and deleted the channels i never use.

im curious is there a way to fix channels with a number so when new channels are released or stop transmittting that my current channel number won't change or at least some won't change so i can find my way to them.

at the moment every couple of weeks i have to remember new channel numbers as there are channels stop broadcasting and new channels are add.

what im hoping is have all the enternaiment channels start with1** music with 3** sports 4**... etc

sorry if this is in the wrong section

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Why don't you use the built in ABM. This way you get all the sly channels and the official numbering and you can set it up to scan daily so when channels get moved will automatically update accordingly.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    Why don't you use the built in ABM. This way you get all the sly channels and the official numbering and you can set it up to scan daily so when channels get moved will automatically update accordingly.
    because the way sly have the channels is a disgrace. they have a channel in lets say no 111 and then the +1 version at 167.
    also i like to have all my channels together the way i have them now in enternaiment for example is all irish channels then bbc's, itv's, c4's, c5's, then sly channels and so on. thats just the entertainment channels but i have all the other sections similarly arranged.

i find it far easier to find things when i had sly it would do my nut when i notice a good film with 55mins gone and it would take me like an hour to find the +1 channel or i would not even know there is a +1 version of the channel until i stumbled across it.

also the channel number would still be kinda all over the place because if i set abm to sly ireland i would not get all the channel 5 channels and i would not get the itv channels and many other channels. so i would have to have 2 set of bouquets. one set to sky ireland and 1 set to sly uk.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    You can use Lraizer's Autobouquets. If you enable custom sort, you can place the channels in any order you want by editing custom_sort_3.txt

If you do not want the Sky numbering, toggle Make default bouquest = no, using the image function, delet the "28.2e uk bouquets" bouquet.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Alankellyeire (20-02-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    You can use Lraizer's Autobouquets. If you enable custom sort, you can place the channels in any order you want by editing custom_sort_3.txt

If you do not want the Sky numbering, toggle Make default bouquest = no, using the image function, delet the "28.2e uk bouquets" bouquet.
    hey i got lraizer autobouquets but im having trouble doing it could u go into it in more detail.

i tried deleting all the entertainment channels in the first bouquet it generated and then putting my list of entertainment channels in my order in there and downloading the channel list again using the auto bouquets with make default bouquets off to make it add the channel number. i tried another few ways also but with not luck

it says in the read me i must edit the custom sort but how do i do that and where is it?

thanks for pointing me in the right direction
    Last edited by Alankellyeire; 20-02-14 at 00:50.

Title
    Thanks
    You don't touch the contents of bouquets, just edit the sort file.

The sort file is in the plugin folder, usr/lib/enigma2/Python/extension/autobouquets/ please double check..

You basically put the channel numbers in the sequence you want. When you look at it, it should make sense.

Eg if you wanted
    Bbc1
    BBC news
    Colors

The numbers would be

(I have omitted the prefix for bouquet)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Alankellyeire (20-02-14),BubbleBalls (20-02-14)

Title
    Thanks
    ok bud i am still having problems

heres is a bit of my custom_sort_3.txt

# requires a unix compatible editor like NotePad++
    ################################################## #
    # #
    # AutoBouquets E2 - custom channel sort manager #
    # #
    # service data can be found in autobouquets.csv #
    # #
    ################################################## #

#01 - Entertainment

01=141
    01=142
    01=178
    01=230
    01=171

i just replaced the number on the right with the channel i want there it should be rte1, rte2hd, tv3, tg4 and 3e. then i done a scan with the Lraizer's Autobouquets but the channels are still arranged the way they were before.

here are my Lraizer's Autobouquets settings
    area republic of ireland hd
    scriptcheck ticked
    numbered ticked
    nit scan ticked
    custom ticked

any setting i didn't say was ticked was left unticked

regards

Title
    Thanks
    @alankellyeire
    could you upload a screenshot of the the second settings page, i..e the one where you change settings. You can grab a screenshot using the webinterface. Click on "grab screen shot" then "OSD screenshot" You can then riight click and save picture.

Title
    Thanks
    Untitled.jpg

here it is.

Title
    Thanks
    is there not some way i can just manually add channel numbers to each channel?

thank

Title
    Thanks
    You want the channels to be per your sort file, not default. Change line 3 to read "Sort 3" instead of "default".

You may also wish to to change "Hide PLI placeholders" to "yes". This will get rid of the blank place holders.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

BubbleBalls (20-02-14)

Title
    Thanks
    wow how did i miss that
    it worked when i done a test. hopefully it will work when i do all the channels.

thanks for ur help i really appreciate it

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Alankellyeire For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (20-02-14)

Title
    Thanks