Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: ITV launches ITVBe

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

ITV launches ITVBe

UK commercial broadcaster ITV is to expand its free-to-air family of channels with the launch of ITVBe, featuring lifestyle and reality programming from the UK and the US. From launch, ITVBe will become the exclusive home of ITV’s award winning series, The Only Way is Essex.

The new channel which is aimed at a younger, female audience will launch towards the end of 2014 and will be wholly funded by advertising and sponsorship. It will be available free on all major broadcasting platforms, including Freeview, Sky and Virgin.

ITVBe will complement ITV2, which will continue to strengthen its position as the home of entertainment for 16-34 year olds, focusing on scripted series, panel shows and formats, and commissions and acquisitions skewed towards the youth audience.

Adam Crozier, Chief Executive of ITV, said the new channel would be a “terrific” new addition to its family of channels. “It reinforces our plan to maximise audiences and revenues from our broadcasting business. Alongside our recently announced new pay channel ITV Encore, this is another important step forward in our strategy to become the most watched, most loved and most talked about family of free and pay channels for every household and every advertiser in the UK.”

Code:
     http://advanced-television.com/2014/02/12/itv-launches-itvbe/

My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

duoduo (12-02-14),Sicilian (14-02-14)

Title
    Thanks
    ITV can shove the new channel again only another repeat channel nothing else.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    The new channel which is aimed at a younger, female audience
    Sexist and ageist.... !
    Is definitely the most misspelled word on the internet?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    This is how you spread a poor lineup of programs event thinner across more channels.
    Whats next the "coronation street" channel...

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ITVBe will become the exclusive home of ITV’s award winning series, The Only Way is Essex.
    Fantastic! Just delete that channel and I'll never have to see that rubbish again!
    Is definitely the most misspelled word on the internet?