Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Dead SSD

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts

Dead SSD

My 2 month old 60GB Corsair Force F60 died last week took me a hole week to get a RMA number came to day and i have to pay return cost to Corsair nearly £10 to Holland.

So much for costumer care!

Carefully read and follow the Corsair Product Return Instructions below to ensure the returned package is accepted by Corsair. Poorly packaged, damaged packaging or insufficient package labeling may result in the returned package being refused and returned to the sender at the sender’s expense.

Package Labeling:

* Your RMA# & Return address must be clearly marked on the outside of the returning package.
    * Print this page and use the top half (fold or cut at the bold black line) as the return address label by securely taping to the outside of the returning package.

Packaging Instructions:

* DO NOT return any Corsair product in a standard mailing envelope.
    * Proper return packaging includes either a padded envelope sufficient to support the product size and weight or a standard shipping box with stuffing to minimize movement during transit.

Shipping Carrier:

* The consumer is responsible for return freight costs to Corsair. We recommend shipping your product with a carrier who provides tracking and insurance options. Corsair is not liable for lost or stolen packages.

Corsair Replacement Comment:

* Upon receipt, Corsair will verify that the contents of the package match with your original RMA Request and either process your replacement order or notify you of any receipt discrepancy which will affect your replacement order. Allow up to 48 hrs for this process.
    * Your replacement order will be shipped via UPS services.

Thank-you for choosing Corsair!
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    wtf...

Well, that's a brand I won't choose if I want to buy an SSD...

TO be honest though, I've heard good things about Intel's SSD drives... Would say they'd have been better choice in hindsight

Don't forget to include in the package an invoice for time lost and productivity problems etc hehe
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,051 Times in 7,637 Posts
    I thought SSD drivers wheres supposed to be more reliable
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    hit the nail on the head there
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,051 Times in 7,637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pooface View Post
    hit the nail on the head there
    Yea we know
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pooface View Post
    wtf...

Well, that's a brand I won't choose if I want to buy an SSD...

TO be honest though, I've heard good things about Intel's SSD drives... Would say they'd have been better choice in hindsight

Don't forget to include in the package an invoice for time lost and productivity problems etc hehe
    Got it at a real good price from SCAN on a daily special when i get a new one its going in my netbook

Going to get a OCZ Vertex 2E for my main computer instead

I was glad that i do daily back-ups

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    Why do you have to send it back to Corsair in Holland, as according to the sale of goods act your contract is with the retailer SCAN, they are liable for issuing a repair or replacement even if the warranty has expired, lots of info on this on that other forum we use

Ojustaboo
    Cant you return it to SCAN then?

to quote Consumer Direct (presuming you are buying from a UK based company which I believe Scan is?)

If you buy goods on the Internet, you still have the same rights as if you were shopping on the high street, in relation to faulty or poorly described goods.
    To quote sale of goods act
    In the case of faulty goods being returned because they are not fit for purpose do not match their description or are not of a satisfactory quality, the customer is entitled to claim the cost of postage from you or to request that you arrange collection of the item.
    Too many companies try to fob people off with going directly to the manufacturer.

EDIT: Maxwell beat me to it lol

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ojustaboo For This Useful Post:

Maxwell (06-11-10)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    and i thought SSD drives had infinite lifetime....

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Me to i have only just got all the items returned i wont be buying from Corsair again