Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Can't delete any recordings?

Title
    Thanks

Can't delete any recordings?

Hi all,

Pretty new to this so may be something obvious but I can't seem to delete recordings. They disappear as if deleted but the next time I go back into the file list they're back again!

I'm running the latest vix with an internal 500 gb hdd.

Thanks for any help you cam provide.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=Dispatches;262492]Hi all,

Pretty new to this so may be something obvious but I can't seem to delete recordings. They disappear as if deleted but the next time I go back into the file list they're back again!

I'm running the latest vix with an internal 500 gb hdd.

Thanks for any help you cam provide.[/QUOTE

So you delete them to the trash can ...! Have you clicked on trash can and delete that too..? it won't delete the folder it will just delete the contents ..?
    VU+ Solo 2 1Tb
    Vix 3.0 Hopefully I've been of some help, can't get it right all the time, but remember the Thanks button

Title
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=craig37;262494]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispatches View Post

So you delete them to the trash can ...! Have you clicked on trash can and delete that too..? it won't delete the folder it will just delete the contents ..?
    Deleting from the movies folder, then they reappear in the movies folder when I next go back in.

When I delete a file, it disappears from the file list but if I go straight to the trash can it doesn't appear there either. If I then exit the trash can back to the movie folder the file is back again!

Any ideas?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    If your deleting them and they aren't going to the trash can there's certainly something going a little pear shaped. Is this a new hard drive, has it deleted in the past ok?
    VU+ Solo 2 1Tb
    Vix 3.0 Hopefully I've been of some help, can't get it right all the time, but remember the Thanks button

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    If here's not much on the drive and and nothing you want to save. I think i'd re intialize it which should wipe it... Menu>setup>system> storage devices
    VU+ Solo 2 1Tb

Title
    Thanks
    Been in and working fine for 3 days. Only thing I added between it deleting and not is the transmission BitTorrent plugin which is saving its files to the hdd

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispatches View Post
    Been in and working fine for 3 days. Only thing I added between it deleting and not is the transmission BitTorrent plugin which is saving its files to the hdd
    This obvious thing I guess then would be to delete that first and re check , also go into storage devices and check yoursettings
    VU+ Solo 2 1Tb

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by craig37 View Post
    This obvious thing I guess then would be to delete that first and re check , also go into storage devices and check yoursettings
    Umm might be a bigger problem. Just press's blue to go into extensions and listed their is a bunch, 16 pages, of waiting actions including soft am checks, moving files, auto timer, epg check all at 0% listed in the format: 'Waiting: Moving files (0%)'

Moving files is no doubt my delete command. Any ideas what could be causing all this?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I think your hard drive is trying or in the process of downloading something or even multiple downloads. Ive see this before when using TS media. I take it you have restarted your box and its the same ..?
    VU+ Solo 2 1Tb

10. The Following User Says Thank You to craig37 For This Useful Post:

Dispatches (11-01-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by craig37 View Post
    I think your hard drive is trying or in the process of downloading something or even multiple downloads. Ive see this before when using TS media. I take it you have restarted your box and its the same ..?
    Um no I hadn't reset.... And that's fixed it.

I have tsmedia and had tried setting a few downloads that failed (downloads empty) and had updated it so I guess tsmedia was the prob.

All fine now though.

Cheers for your help and hand hold

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dispatches For This Useful Post:

craig37 (11-01-14)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Your Welcome
    VU+ Solo 2 1Tb

Title
    Thanks
    I had this happen to me once also, I found that if you are downloading something it won't delete the files until the downloads are finished.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    similar problem here, trying to clean up (delete files) my internal HDD, but most of them are giving me windows message: "File access denied" " Requires permission Unix user/root to perform this action
    can this be fixed