Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: XBMC Verses Webif Streaming...

Title
    Thanks

XBMC Verses Webif Streaming...

Hi, I've Just Managed To Get The XBMC Vu+ Plugin Working With My Duo And I've Noticed That It's Able To Perfectly Display HD Live/Recorded TV, Whereas Streaming Via Webif Using WMP Classic/WMP/VLC All Have Problems With It Breaking Up Or Being Out Of Sync...

Is There A Reason For This???

Also I Want To Compile A Guide For Configuring The XBMC, As There Is Nothing On The Web That Guides Someone Perfectly Through The Process(With Pictures)... Where Would I Place That Guide On The Forum???

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    you can place any tutorials or guides in this section.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/fo...es-Guides-Here
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

pac2000 (06-01-14)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I speak for alot of this forum, if you can help set this up you will automatically qualify with legend status lol
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

Title
    Thanks
    I've just set this up this evening after finally getting my Pi running how I want it.

A guide specific to the PVR addons however would be good.

Quick high level of mine

- Running Openelec, OS on SD card and overclocked, storage on USB. For me this is a must do as it dramatically improves performance

- Amber skin, again it's cut back, simple and runs smooth

- I used XBMChub wizard to give me a fresh XBMC install. There is also a wizard to populate apps for you which is worthwhile if it's your first time but you end up with a lot installed that you don't need. I recommend you manually find repositories and only install what you need.

- After running the XBMChub wizard you will see PVR addons under disabled addons. Enable the VU+/Enigma2 addon. Here you also configure the IP of your enigma2 box etc

After that it's really how you want it regarding bouquets, recording, EPG etc

Couple of annoying things...

If you allow the Pi to see all your bouquets it takes 30 - 45 mins to populate all the channels and update epg for LiveTV. Unless you change some menu options this will happen everytime you turn the Pi on which can be annoying.

I allowed a first time update of the channels then disabled it from updating. Should just be able to update as you need. I'd like to fully disable EPG but at the min I can't see how

Anyway... that's my experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    I too ventured into the realm of enigma2 with a vu (get it...) to stream via the same xbmc plugin to TV's around the house. I too opted for the raspberry Pi due to form factor and price.

My findings were pretty much the same. Although the Pi in XMBC mode has a lot going for it, it lacked the punch needed to run the Vu+ plugin. It's extremely laggy on the UI when it comes to the EPG guide and the buffering can take quite a long time. The deal breaker for me was the HDMI-CEC function did not work with any of my TV's which prevented the remote control from driving the XBMC UI.

I have since sold the Pi as I don't think there can be much improvement. I have however tried Openelec on a ION chipset and it's a lot better. Not excellent but I think it's not a bad alternative.

One thing I will say that if you are looking at NUC you'd be better going for a single tuner engima2 with remotestreamconverter plugin. Although I have not tried it this is the route I'm likely to go as cost is going to be cheaper than NUC.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Perhaps I have misread the OP, I thought what he meant was that the xbmc plugin that was introduced about 6 months ago he had found a way to run this perfectly. If what he meant was that he has setup xbmc to enable him to watch the channels from his VU, then I'm an idiot lol. Please can you confirm this for me?
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry lgleave22 It's Just To Configure The XBMC To Frontend An Enigma2 Box...

Sanderson82/tkboyle I Was Thinking Something Like This Would Do...

Code:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Quad-Android-1-8GHz-Output-HI718/dp/B00E7OSRBE/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ce_1
    And It's Only The First Run That's Slow At Pulling The EPG... After That It's Pulled Locally, And Then Updated... But You Can Watch TV/Recording While It Updates...

Title
    Thanks

10. The Following User Says Thank You to pac2000 For This Useful Post:

duoduo (07-01-14)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pac2000 View Post
    With your permission i can make this into a .PDF document and upload it to our guides and tutorials section on www.openvix.co.uk ( with full credit to your self of course ) ??.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have 3 xbmcs (2 PIs and 1 PC)
    Love the PI especially with the VU Plugin.
    I created a bouquet specific to the usage of each one and this is quicker to update.
    For the PIs though I only use SD as HD is too slow to open and breaks up a lot.
    Maybe when the transcoding is sorted it can be switched from 8001 to 8002.
    Bit odd that the recordings playback no bother and even 720p streams from web play perfectly.
    So I dont think its lack of power from PI.

Quote Originally Posted by sanderson82 View Post
    I've just set this up this evening after finally getting my Pi running how I want it.

A guide specific to the PVR addons however would be good.

Quick high level of mine

- Running Openelec, OS on SD card and overclocked, storage on USB. For me this is a must do as it dramatically improves performance

- Amber skin, again it's cut back, simple and runs smooth

- I used XBMChub wizard to give me a fresh XBMC install. There is also a wizard to populate apps for you which is worthwhile if it's your first time but you end up with a lot installed that you don't need. I recommend you manually find repositories and only install what you need.

- After running the XBMChub wizard you will see PVR addons under disabled addons. Enable the VU+/Enigma2 addon. Here you also configure the IP of your enigma2 box etc

After that it's really how you want it regarding bouquets, recording, EPG etc

Couple of annoying things...

If you allow the Pi to see all your bouquets it takes 30 - 45 mins to populate all the channels and update epg for LiveTV. Unless you change some menu options this will happen everytime you turn the Pi on which can be annoying.

I allowed a first time update of the channels then disabled it from updating. Should just be able to update as you need. I'd like to fully disable EPG but at the min I can't see how

Anyway... that's my experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    Of Course Pheonix, I Made It To Help Others Out...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to pac2000 For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (07-01-14)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pac2000 View Post
    Of Course Pheonix, I Made It To Help Others Out...
    Thanks, I'll sort it out a little later when i have some time at work.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    I've Made A PDF For You To Save You The Time...

XBMC.pdf

17. The Following User Says Thank You to pac2000 For This Useful Post:

Jawid (08-01-14)