Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Al Jazeera Sport rebrands itself beIN SPORTS

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

Al Jazeera Sport rebrands itself beIN SPORTS

Al Jazeera Sport will be named beIN SPORTS after midnight yesterday.

The new network, which goes live at midnight, will grant subscribers access to unrivalled selections of first-class sports programming that transcend the walls of international stadia.

beIN SPORTS in a statement posted on its website today said, “The launch of beIN SPORTS promises to surpass existing boundaries of spectatorship, essentially changing the game for sports fans across the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region”.

The beIN SPORTS brand heralds the dawn of a new age of spectator interaction that successfully unites international networks across the MENA, European, Asian and North American territories under one umbrella for the first time. It will grant viewers in the MENA region unmatched access to dedicated programming in English, Arabic, French and Spanish.

An astonishing 19 high-definition channels will allow fans unlimited viewing of premier sporting competitions including top European football leagues from England, Spain, Italy, and France, alongside the UEFA Champions League and Europa League, Africa Cup of Nations and the AFC Champions League.

The promise to ‘Change the Game’ flows out of the unrivalled range of top sports events available live and exclusive to beIN SPORTS subscribers, alongside new digital technology and more interactive programming through social media. By changing the game, beIN SPORTS will truly set new standards in viewing experience for subscribers in 2014.

As excitement builds ahead of the FIFA 2014 World Cup Finals, beIN SPORTS guarantees front row seats to all the live action in Brazil as well as live coverage from other popular worldwide sporting events.

“In a world where sports has the unique power to unite people, beIN SPORTS seeks to propel fans into a new age of sports programming by providing unmatched global sports coverage to its customers,” said Nasser Ghanim Al Khelaifi, Chairman of beIN SPORTS.

“The new network will transform TVs into portals of unlimited immersive sporting action that speak to each fan in their own language, allowing events to live on long after the final whistle blows.”

The network’s unparalleled sports schedule includes, among others, football, tennis, basketball, handball, athletics, motorsport, cycling and rugby presented by some the industry’s finest broadcasters and analysts.

Meanwhile, the introduction of a range of multi-screen technology ensures beIN SPORTS subscribers can access exclusive broadcasting via television, computer, tablet or smartphone. In addition, an increased role for social media comment ensures that the network will offer greater interactivity than ever before.

The collective outcome is a single, coherent and global beIN SPORTS brand that combines superb content with state-of-the-art technology, ensuring fans a spectator experience unlike any other.

“This is a new age of sports broadcasting, and viewers will not miss any of the action with beIN SPORTS’ multi-screen digital platform. Our HD channels, available on any device, offer fans an unparalleled viewing experience that caters to them not only at home but while they are on the move,” said beIN SPORTS presenter Mohammed S Al Kuwari.

“The launch of beIN SPORTS is changing the game with a more interactive experience. Enhancing spectator engagement by offering more opportunities for our subscribers to share their opinions through social media makes this an exciting moment for me as a broadcaster live on air.”

Looking ahead to the key sports events of 2014, beIN SPORTS presenter Richard Keys said: “This is going to be an incredible sporting year. The English Premier League is more open than it has been for years and the Winter Olympics offers a chance to see if Russia will live up to London’s standards of staging an incredible Games.”

beIN SPORTS analyst Essam El Shawaly remarked, “Sport is all about passion, and beIN SPORTS is changing the game by ensuring fans don’t miss a precious moment. From the FIFA World Cup Finals, Spain’s El Clasico or tennis at Roland Garros, beIN SPORTS will plunge fans into the live atmosphere with unmatched commentary, coverage and camera angles.”

Whether fans are cheering on Algeria, Spain or Brazil, there is no greater spectacle on the sporting horizon than the World Cup finals, and beIN SPORTS subscribers will see every match live and exclusively.QNA

Code:
    http://thepeninsulaqatar.com/sports/qatar-sport/266612/al-jazeera-sport-rebrands-itself-bein-sports
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    With the arrival of the brand new 2014 Al Jazeera Sports definitely disappears to give way to that of beIN Sports Arabic. And it does so with unexpected surprises, as incorportación a channel in Spanish. This is beIN Sports 15HD.
    Along this channel in HD also includes two French channels like Sports beIN 13HD and 14HD Sports beIN that two more British, 11HD and 12HD added. The remaining issue in Arabic.

With the demise of Al Jazeera Sports also "dies" its presence in Eutelsat Hot Bird (13 ° East). From now beIN Sports channels have to tune them in Arabic other novelty also satellites of Eutelsat 25B - Es'Hail 1 (25.5 ° East).
    In the latter case those with the satellite dish oriented Badr (26 ° East) will not need any adjustment by the proximity of the orbital position with satellites Arabsat .

The basic package of 12 channels beIN Sports meets, while the full package has 29 channels. 27 of them are beIN Sports channels, which include 15 in HD. NBA TV and Fox Sports: two channels are also added.
    This is video of the official presentation of the new brand beIN Sports and then we present the guide to the relationship of channels, satellites and frequencies that can capture from now beIN Sports Arabic:

My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts
    So.. The million $ question..

What size of dish would we need in the North to pick this up on 25.2e.. ?

And.. Any news on encryption.. ?
    Last edited by Mr. Mister; 01-01-14 at 21:51.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. Mister View Post
    so.. The million $ question..

What size of dish would we need in the north to pick this up on 25.2e.. ?
    Bloody mahoooosive.

SIMPLES.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Mr. Mister (01-01-14)

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    Bloody mahoooosive.
    Thats one outa the Mr.Mister dictionary.. lmao

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I was going to say it's some thing that rubbed off onto me, but that would be wrong, OH SO VERY WRONG lol

SIMPLES.

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    I was going to say it's some thing that rubbed off onto me, but that would be wrong, OH SO VERY WRONG lol
    LMAO.. Yeah.. On all angles..

Title
    Thanks
    I think you have more of a chance with 7w

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jcm193 For This Useful Post:

Mr. Mister (01-01-14)

Burnham
    One of the 7°w channels had dual Arabic/English commentary audio on an EPL match yesterday.

Wonder how long that will last, probably an engineer pressed the wrong button.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Its been like that for a while, very likely they will push the EPL coverage to to the hard to get TP

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    Give it time all of beinsports transponders will move over to Nilesat 201 and that will be the end it for the UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanman View Post
    Its been like that for a while, very likely they will push the EPL coverage to to the hard to get TP

Title
    Thanks
    I would love to know - I expect it will be greater than 2m - maybe 2.3m.

I tried to receive Badr @26E and Nilesat @ 7 W last Autumn and had no success in receiving Aljazeera sports - even with a low noise , high gain LNB. Could get the other services on these satellites but not the sports. So I would not expect to get BeIn Sports in Northern Europe without a very large dish.

Burnham
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanman View Post
    Its been like that for a while
    That is wrong - live matches were not transmitted with two audio tracks. For quite a few months HD1-HD5 have had the Arabic commentary, HD6 had the English commentary.

You might be getting confused with non-live matches.

thisntaht
    Would beIN SPORTS be available in the canaries (Tenerife especially) and if so any idea of what size dish needed?
    Is there a map of the sat footprint for the new beIN SPORTS?