Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: sharing hdd

Title
    Thanks

sharing hdd

Hi, does anyone have a guide on how i can make the hard drive connected to my Unibox HD-1 visible over my windows network?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Have a read of this, I spent a couple of a days messing to work it out

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...via-my-network
    VU+ Solo 2 1Tb
    Vix 3.0 Hopefully I've been of some help, can't get it right all the time, but remember the Thanks button

3. The Following User Says Thank You to craig37 For This Useful Post:

imgold (31-12-13)

Title
    Thanks
    the link seems to be how to show PC hdd's on the unibox - I need to be able to show the unibox hdd on the PC network...

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    to see your hard drive on your pc running windows 7 all you need to do is change your work group to VIX on your pc and ensure samba is enabled in networks on your sat box. I believe after build 802 the work group name as been changed to WORKGROUP..
    VU+ Solo 2 1Tb
    Vix 3.0 Hopefully I've been of some help, can't get it right all the time, but remember the Thanks button

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    VU+ Solo 2 1Tb

7. The Following User Says Thank You to craig37 For This Useful Post:

imgold (31-12-13)

Title
    Thanks
    I have samba enabled on the unibox but in the log file it seems to just say "couldn't find service vu"

Title
    Thanks
    yay suddenly seems to be working

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Sorry to be pedantic, you don't have to change workgroup to "vix" nor "workgroup". You have to make sure all devices are on same one, whatever it is called. Taking care of case sensitivity.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    That is true, but the default "workgroup" was VIX on the Vix image, but I believe Andy Blac has now changed it to WORKGROUP since build 802 onwards. Just saves you messing around editing your sat box if your aware of the default name .. And yes as long as you have them named all the same it will work, but you have no option to change "case " in windows Its always capitals ..
    Last edited by craig37; 31-12-13 at 15:58.
    VU+ Solo 2 1Tb

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Glad you've got it working "Imgold"
    VU+ Solo 2 1Tb

Title
    Thanks
    Cheers Craig - makes life a little easier rather than FTP'ing files over now all i need to figure is if there is a way to make my new samsung smart tv talk to the unibox (see other thread!)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I've not set up one of these smart tv's before but I'm assuming they can be networked . If this is the case take note of your ip address for your box or pc EG 192.168.1.3 . Your IP range goes from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.254 I am just using this IP as an example. You may need to change the IP of your Smart tv to match your other devices ? You Can have 2 of the same IP address on the same network So for example your tv could be change to 192.168.1.4 Don't know if this the answer ?
    VU+ Solo 2 1Tb

Title
    Thanks
    not really craig - the smart tv is on the network etc but it should be possibe for it to change channels etc on the unibox but it doesnt seem to support it (it natively works with sky box)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I see, Soz mate, Miss understood your question ... Must be the BEER goggles lol HaPpY nEw YeAr .. HiCcUp
    VU+ Solo 2 1Tb

17. The Following User Says Thank You to craig37 For This Useful Post:

imgold (01-01-14)