Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what no mac users ?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks SilverFox. So Absolutely no need for anything MS or otherwise. ? Reason I ask is a neighbour (Mac User) wants to buy a Linux
    box but has no access to Windows or Linux software knowledge
    Probably oldest Member. Bit new to this.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    we have many mac users here that are happy with setting up using mac with the relevent tools

i dont have a mac but i do know idreamX is one proggie there are others too
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

3. The Following User Says Thank You to silverfox0786 For This Useful Post:

Peter (10-03-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Do you mean you did not get a payout for the one you had stolen or just didn't replace it ? Are you able to tell me which other proggies that apply ? Thanks
    Probably oldest Member. Bit new to this.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    my iphone 4 got stolen not mac and yes i got £600 for it minus £100 excess so i was able to replace it

i'm not sure of the other progs but there are a good few mac users here that will see this thread and reply
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

6. The Following User Says Thank You to silverfox0786 For This Useful Post:

Peter (09-01-11)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    just bought one today.

_http://www.johnlewis.com/231034606/Product.aspx

i gonna be on here pleading for help i just know it

really fed up with windoze and microsoft, so when i see this i jumped right in

so be prepared to be bombarded with helppppppppppppppp questions

regards; canthackit

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    lol your sick of windows so you jump to the most closed and restrictive system known to man ?.
    personally i'd have gone to linux rather than apple.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    thats not actually a bad price, i was going to buy one directly from mac and pay via finance cuz their finance offers were pretty decent, plus the apple care protection was being added for free lol but after speaking to a few mac freaks lol they tempted me to wait a while as they were told me better spec models should be out soon. not sure what though :| lol
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    From what I understand, the newer macs are only speculation (as they always are ), but won't be out for at least another 2 months yet...
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    lol your sick of windows so you jump to the most closed and restrictive system known to man ?.
    personally i'd have gone to linux rather than apple.
    OSX restrictive? seems you never worked with Windows Vista! In OSX I'm in control of what's going on and I'm still without any anti-virus or other protective software. And since I started out with Apple OS version 4, moving on to OSX was a natural thing to do. But I'm getting your point, in Linux you're in control of everything, something I personally don't want to spend time on. And with about 20 Linux distributions to choose from, you need plenty of time to find the one that suits you best. Again, time I personally don't want to spend.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    lol well each to their own i guess.
    rite now i'm using windows 7 pro x64. as far as av software goes. i'm using MS security essentials / and windows firewall. with spybot / Ccleaner / threat fire and malwarebytes. all very light programmes that dont hog up system resources. i also run a ubuntu system that needs nothing what so ever.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    yeh so ive been told, but the imacs do look sexy
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    lol well each to their own i guess.
    rite now i'm using windows 7 pro x64. as far as av software goes. i'm using MS security essentials / and windows firewall. with spybot / Ccleaner / threat fire and malwarebytes. all very light programmes that dont hog up system resources. i also run a ubuntu system that needs nothing what so ever.
    tbh, I imagine you'd be ok without any of that crap.... 9/10 you only need that sorta software when other peopl use your machine, unless ur one of those other people not knowing what ur doing
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    yeah i probably would to be honest. but i just keep them there in case i ever need them. theres nothing really on this machine i would miss if things went belly up. i have a few batch files set to run at 22:00 each day that backup a few select folders from this machine to a NAS. apart from that i dont bother keeping backups as a new install takes a hour tops with my customised unattended install disc.
    Last edited by Larry-G; 24-02-11 at 00:49.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    @ phoenix

that's my point mate regarding all that security crap we have to indure, for me the idea of a mac, the look the feel of the whole system is far superior.

how you can call mac a restrictive OS over windoze is beyond me, macs are faster, more secure, lighter, and look brilliant...and until i know different ( i take delivery Tuesday) i'l stick with macs thank you

Linux yes! i have in the past tried some different distros, suse redhat, ubuntu, and so on but i found the thing far to difficult, so until i recieve my mac and try it out, i'll get back to you if it's not what i expected i'l hold my hands up and say you were right.

regards: canthackit

Title
    Thanks
    I'm running with a 15" MacBook Pro, iPad, iPhone but my main baby is a x2 Quad Core Intel Xeon Mac Pro (with 12GB RAM)

New MacBook Pro's out today though with Thunderbolt/Lightpeak

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast