Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Zorin Linux, TM-2T & Windows 8 networking?

Title
    Thanks

Zorin Linux, TM-2T & Windows 8 networking?

Hi folks, I am trying to set up a home network which comprises two laptops (one running Windows 8, the other with Zorin Linux) and my TM-2T. All is ok so far with the Win machine and TM-2T but I'm not sure how to get access to the TM-2T using Zorin. I have the TM-2T showing in network places but it wont let me log in with the usual username,which works fine on the other machine and on the web interface. Has anyone had experience of setting up a similar network & can help a Linux noobie?

Title
    Thanks
    Can anyone help me please before I capitulate and have to go out and buy another copy of Windows? The world of Linux and having to continually use a terminal is a bit bewildering!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hey, don't buy more windows! I don't have the experience you are referring to, but if you can't get linux and windows networking properly then maybe you can find some networking support on other forums. I guess this place may be helpful for the stb part but there would be more networking experts elsewhere.
    OpenVix:
    VU+Duo2 -- 2 x Twin internal DVB-S2 & DVB-C/T2, 2 x USB dual DVB-T (Avermedia Twinstar [AF9035], Hauppauge Nova-TD [Dib0700]) = 8 tuners
    VU+Duo4kse -- internal Sat FBC & twin DVB-C/T2, 2 x USB dual DVB-T Hauppauge Nova-TD [Dib0700]

4. The Following User Says Thank You to stick50jr For This Useful Post:

Armpit1UK (12-12-13)