Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Panasonic drops out of the plasma TV market, for good

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

Panasonic drops out of the plasma TV market, for good

This may be the final nail in the coffin of plasma display televisions.
    Following Pioneer exiting the market earlier this year, Panasonic had confirmed today that they will be exiting the plasma TV market, ending production in December and all related operations by March of next year.

Two of Panasonic's three factories have already ceased production of new plasma displays, and the third will conclude by the end of next month. Last April, the company ceased all research and development on future plasma tech.

Panasonic says that "rapid, drastic changes in the business environment" (including price pressure from cheaper LCD TVs) forced their hand and the end of the plasma.

The company will move future R&D to OLED as Panasonic sees the tech as "one of the key future products" for the industry.

Code:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/news/article.cfm/2013/11/01/panasonic_drops_out_of_the_plasma_tv_market_for_good
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

cwebb66 (13-06-14),Donnie (01-11-13),ispider (01-11-13),Osamo1956 (01-11-13),Sicilian (01-11-13)

parkher
    I got a 65" VT60 just in time, after seeing about it here.
    A great TV. For the first time beating Pioneer Kuro. I guess, now the greatest ever forever...
    It was just a few days before the Sochi Olympics too
    Thanks!